Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had VW customer service onto me today basically saying if you ordered your car after April 21st, they would NOT be covering the cost of a second remote key.........very poor, considering I've bought 2 and will prob buy a GT as well........they say its a misprint in the brochure and all dealers were informed about it in Feb 12

Bollox!

·
Registered
619 Posts
I can't imagine that the margins are so tight on an Up that they can't just throw in an extra key. Considering that you've bought two cars, that's a really poor attitude from the company.

I suppose some bean counter somewhere has worked out the cost of giving everyone an extra key and said it's not on, the money stays in the company coffers! I don't imagine Ingrams will fund the extra key if VW are taking a hard line on this.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
It is annoying and I doubt I'll get one, but they are right that it was a misprint and dealers were told in Feb12 as I saw it on my dealer's system...

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Solved......My most fantastic dealership are supplying the 2nd key as a gesture of Goodwill....VW's stingey policy stands so clearly it is once again a big thumbs up for good old family values/service and relationship from what I consider to be a TOTALLY EXCELLENT DEALERSHIP

Credit where its Due.....worth travelling for....tell the salesman David Gray that Dr John sent you!

INGRAM OF AYR 11/10 !

Edited by: Privatedoc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts