Up Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Sorry to ask such a stupid question but this is my first new car, well my first car.Just wondering whether you get a VW key ring with the keys and whether you get flowers/chocolates from the dealer as i have seen some people do?

Thanks
Jack

·
Registered
587 Posts
You will get a keyring for each of the keys I am sure, not had a dealer not give me keyrings. The flowers and chocolates I have only ever had once with a BMW, some dealer do some don't. I suppose it maybe down to how much money they have made out of you!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh that's good. Not really too bothered about flowers/chocolates, will be too interested in the car! And I've already got a free Maps n More case of them

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Usually get dealer branded key rings but rather nice blue and white enamel ones are only about £4.50

·
Registered
587 Posts
For my sins I was a dodgy new car salesperson about 12 years ago, any chocolates or flowers came out of the profit made on the car, not some central fund and is often down to the individual salesperson. As I said above if you have fleeced a customer or too use my old sales mangers rather crass quote, "If you have taken the customers trousers down, given them one and pulled them back up without noticing, then you will have made a bundle and then offer them some flowers and chocolates as compensation."

Never trust a dealer on any level no matter how plausible they sound, yes there are some decent sales people out there, but the big chains andmanufacturerswant big profits!! They will sell you supargard/Lifeshine ext at a £200 mark up to claw back money, same goes with Gap insurance. You never get something for nothing.

My tactic with the Up! was to get my wife to have a strop about the price in earshot of the sales manager. Guess what they matched the price he overheard without any further haggling mmmm....

Curry's use to make more money from their insurance via domestic and general than they did on the products they sold! The motor industry is still dirty IMO and dog eat dog, upside some great products and no more 'Dagenham dustbins' or cars that rust the minuite you breath on them

Edited by: jezyg

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
here is the £4.50 one ...plenty on ebay

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts

or, of course £4.50 from your dealer

the white UP cover is a Keycover I bought mine from another member but they are £18 and not worth it imho better with a silicone one for a few quid.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I got a dealer keyring and a nice big heavy VW sign in chrome.

Slight problem the ring is too thick for the remote so it's had to be relegated to the standard key. How will I cope?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I got two nice metal & leather keyrings, posh flowers (gave them to the wife) Mats and Petrol - Heritage Bristol cant recommend them highly enough!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Privatedoc said:

or, of course £4.50 from your dealer

the white UP cover is a Keycover I bought mine from another member but they are £18 and not worth it imho better with a silicone one for a few quid.

Thanks

·
Registered
467 Posts
I got the Up
,Astisparkling wine, leather technical passport cover, VW key ring and fuel (so much that after 200 meters driving from dealer the fuel tank light appeared in panel)
Ok, the Up! price was the best added value (because of the importer and dealer discount)

·
Registered
587 Posts
b82ry said:
I got the Up
,Astisparkling wine, leather technical passport cover, VW key ring and fuel (so much that after 200 meters driving from dealer the fuel tank light appeared in panel)
Ok, the Up! price was the best added value (because of the importer and dealer discount)

Good for you, I have heard and know that continental dealers tend to be better than the UK ones

One of the best UK dealers isactuallya SEAT dealer, SERE motor's in Northern Ireland spot on customer care and service across theboardand have won many awards for it.

·
Registered
467 Posts
good for me, because I'm from the Volkswagen Baltic's importer..
normally You have to be really insistent to get better price and service than average customer get's.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I did manage to wangle a key ring from the dealer, and it's one of the official up! branded ones in white with orange lettering. It's huge! So I've stuck with the leather key fob from Classic Leather Fobs Ltd. The up! key ring has been attached to my napsack instead.

Nick

1 - 18 of 18 Posts