Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all, just wanted to share that fact that early tomorrow we are off Up! to the land of my forefathers, I can't wait to sample the roads, the hospitality, the whisky!

Taking my Brompton folding bike, barbecue (well, you never know!) and loads of midge repellent, och aye the noo! Doc, Ospreywatcher, I'll give you a flash of the headlights as I pass!

Best regards

·
Registered
97 Posts
Have a wonderful trip there and back but most of all enjoy your visit to Bonnie Scotland, from an Aberdonian living on the south coast of England.

Only one thing, will ye tak the High Road or the Low Road?

<dl><dd>By yon bonnie banks an' by yon bonnie braes</dd><dd>Whaur the sun shines bright on Loch Lomond</dd><dd>Whaur me an' my true love will ne'er meet again</dd><dd>On the bonnie, bonnie banks o' Loch Lomon'.</dd></dl>
<dl><dd>Chorus:</dd><dd>O ye'll tak' the high road, and Ah'll tak' the low road</dd><dd>And Ah'll be in Scotlan' afore ye</dd><dd>Fir me an' my true love will ne'er meet again</dd><dd>On the bonnie, bonnie banks o' Loch Lomon'.</dd></dl>
<dl><dd>'Twas there that we perted in yon shady glen</dd><dd>On the steep, steep sides o' Ben Lomon'</dd><dd>Whaur in (soft) purple hue, the hielan hills we view</dd><dd>An' the moon comin' oot in the gloamin'.</dd></dl>
<dl><dd>Chorus</dd></dl>
<dl><dd>The wee birdies sing an' the wild flouers spring</dd><dd>An' in sunshine the waters are sleeping</dd><dd>But the broken heart it kens, nae second spring again</dd><dd>Tho' the waeful may cease frae their weeping.</dd></dl>
<dl><dd>Chorus</dd></dl>

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks Robbybrook for the song!

We're back, 1700 miles later, the Up! went brilliantly, ideal for the corkscrew single track roads and just fine for the motorways, 51.21mpg overall. I think the Highlands and Islands are one of those areas that everyone should visit, just once in their lives, but preferably more, we will return!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
If there were no midges and rain, it would be full of tourists...but as you found out, wee lie to keep them away...it is a fabulous area!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts