Up Owners Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am trying to buy a 5dr GTI at the moment, and really struggling to find many in the South East, let alone in my preferred choice of silver. Most seem to be based somewhere much further north here - is there reason for this or just where they happen to be at the moment? Sod's law says I'll buy one that I have to travel for and the next day a glut of them appear on my doorstep! 馃槀

Registered
Lack of used GTi鈥檚 anywhere, stupidly high prices being asked by everyone. All driven by VW drip feeding the market with GTi鈥檚 and the post-COVID buying frenzy and the general lack of brand new cars due to the semiconductor shortage driving the used market up! (no pun intended).
Biggest market seems to be in the south - cheapest most available cars seem to be in the north.

Registered
I live in the South west. Buy a couple of cars a year, usually dealer demo / nearly new. I can't remember the last time I bought one from a dealer south of Birmingham. Dealers in the North always seem to price more keenly. If the car is almost new, there's very little risk in buying remotely and getting dealer to deliver.

Registered
We've been down in Hampshire & Dorset this week. On Wednesday we went to Lymington, and there were 3 x 5 door Gti's in the main car park, just off the High Street behind Sainsbury's, 2 x red / black, and a silver one. Never seen so many in one place !

Registered
I鈥檓 seeing more and more as I drive around down here. We鈥檙e giving a lot of knowing nods to each other.

Registered
I have only seen one UP GTI on the road in the year i have owned mine and we waved to each other. I have also seen three in car parks. Thats not many in a full year compared to the number of Minis i have seen.

As for purchasing an UP GTI, there are loads for sale on AT. Most dealers will deliver and if they are part of a large dealer group with branches all over the UK, they will deliver on a transporter to your local branch where you can inspect the car and then decide if the the car is for you. That is how i bought mine.

Registered
I have only seen two around my home town of Sandbach. One is silver the other white.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts