Up Owners Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2014 High Up!, 75hp, Deep Black Pearl, 17" Polygons 205/40R17 Michelin PS4's Bilstein B14......
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Bought a late 2014 High Up Cat S (2 nearside doors) 44k miles One owner and full VW history.

Found a pair of doors in breakers in correct colour too ;)

been cleaning up neglected paint and changing wheels to Polygons with New 205/40R17 Michelin PS4's

Bilstein B14 kit here when i have the energy and time to fit.

ordered 2 peice GTi rear spoiler too.

Regards
Rick in Ipswich
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Welcome and good choice. Looks good on the Polygons. Looks Just like my Mrs' first 75bhp High Up !

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Certainly nicer than the awful triangle wheels IMHO! (expecting flack...)

But - don't spend too much on it - the history will limit the value to future owners, irrespective of any factual information (because perception is everything), and unload it while prices are high!

·
Registered
2014 High Up!, 75hp, Deep Black Pearl, 17" Polygons 205/40R17 Michelin PS4's Bilstein B14......
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
got it very cheap to keep as a run around but surprised how enjoyable it is to drive with the Angry Wasp under the bonnet :)
its a keeper while bikes are away for the winter every year.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I thought you were looking for a quick sale, but a keeper is good, so depreciate after many years to the value of a few bottles of Brewdog! That's what I'll do with my Citigo (albeit bought from new)...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ha ha no not selling.
just wanted a fun car for winter that's not silly money to run.

had Audi RS4s for years and aircooled Porsche or three.
had enough of the money pit cars.

prefer my bikes for performance and cars to stay warm and dry.

Lurking on here for a while gathering info to research a runabout before buying so thought i had better get this intro bit done.
Ex Military,Ex VAG Mastertech now KTM/Ducati Tech.
Semi retired

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Well, IMHO, it's a good choice.
You will find it comfier than a KTM or Ducati :)
And, probably, way more reliable per mile.... But it sounds as if you can fix anything for only the cost of parts!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Ha ha no not selling.
just wanted a fun car for winter that's not silly money to run.

had Audi RS4s for years and aircooled Porsche or three.
had enough of the money pit cars.

prefer my bikes for performance and cars to stay warm and dry.

Lurking on here for a while gathering info to research a runabout before buying so thought i had better get this intro bit done.
Ex Military,Ex VAG Mastertech now KTM/Ducati Tech.
Semi retired

Welcome to the club and nice car.

I see you are an ex VAG Mastertech. Could you kindly give your views on my heated seats problem which i list in the Infotainment Electronics section, Heated seat controller. (The OP is Benno)

My seats are never hot even on the high setting. We are not sure if the seat has two elements or one and if the problem could be the seats are never on high even though the switch says they are. My VW main dealer said the seats are working as they should, but i do not agree.

Thanks in advance and enjoy your car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi TD

The Up is a bit after my time at VW as i left in 2010.

Usually 2 or more elements (2 in the up!) 1 in base and 1 in backrest. not sure if the up had a occupancy sensor so they don't heat an empty seat.

you should be able to check out the elements with a Multimeter on the plugs under the seats.

My High Up! has heated seats and they are too hot for me and warm up in about 1 minute.
so pretty obvious when they do work.

Regards.

Sorry been away for a few days in my up

·
Registered
397 Posts
Many thanks for your reply Cobra88.

I am going to sit in another UP with heated seats at the dealer to see if they are hotter than mine.

Then i will have the information i need to get the dealer to sort out my seats.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If we put our location in out profile its a lot easier to find close by Up! owners that you can try their heated seats ;)

hover the cursor over username and some of us have location showing in there.

As you were

·
Registered
397 Posts
Thanks guys. I have located 4 UPs with heated seats close to me in the Manchester area for sale at dealers in AT.

It is just a matter of visiting these dealers when i can be bothered and hope the cars have not been sold.

If they have been sold i will look to see if any Citigo or Miis are close to me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My Step Daughter is at Uni in Manchester

Glad you found some TD

·
Registered
397 Posts
I just need to make the effort to visit these dealers Cobra88. The weather does not help. Raining all day. ( Surely It never rains in Manchester).

If she likes curries there is the Curry mile not far from the Uni on Wilmslow Rd, or for Chinese there is China Town in the city centre George St area. Some of the Chinese restaurants do a lunch time all you can eat buffet for £9-00.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts