Up Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just realised my wife's UP has a leak from somewhere in reservoir/pump area. Empty in a few hours. Can see it dripping. Anyway, plan to pull the wheel arch liner off in the morning, any guesses for the likely culprit? Pump connection to reservoir? Poor tube connection to pump? Or maybe something else like a crack in reservoir?
I did a search, but found nothing similar, sorry if previously covered so please point me in right direction if there are previous posts on the issue.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well spotted. Hopefully an easy fix.
Yep, quite an easy 10 minute fix. Just cut out the damaged section, about an inch, and replaced it with a tube of smaller ID than the OD of the original tube. Piece of brake fluid bleed tubing I had lying around.
Surprised not an issue for others, car is only just over four years old and covered about 27,000 miles. The damaged tube was in a position where it was rubbing against a piece of rigid plastic at base of radiator. Might be worth having a quick shifty under your cars, you can see the tube quite clearly without having to raise the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts