Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Dealer has had my Up! since Monday investigating a leak in both foot wells.

After heavy rain, if you turn a corner you can hear a water 'swishing' noise. The other day I started the car, turned right and it looked like half a bucket of water was tipped into to passenger foot well from behind the glove box.

VW are going to replace all the underlay, soundproofing and carpets. Also VW are going to make a 'repair kit' to resolve the issue.

In the meantime my dealer provided courtesy car has to be returned and be replace with a hire car provided by VW. They think our Up! will be with them for about ten day more.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Please keep us posted on how this turns out. I'm sure I read on here about drainage tubes not being correctly connected. Be interesting to know the cause if you find out.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I remember something like this last year, I think it was the earlier models had leaky windscreens, I uave a strange stain on my headlining but not noticed and damp or wet carpets I hoover the car out weekly so I would notice something, I also notice the water "sloshy" noise

·
Registered
97 Posts
Oh no! My Toyota Aygo suffered from water leaks and that was one of the main reasons I decided to go VAG and buy a Citigo. I too have a sunroof and I'll be extremely disappointed if I have any wet carpets.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts