Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, took it to the dealer, and they agreed that its too early for it to be pealing, the car is only 7 months old. So they booked it to be changed. First time I got there, they didn't have the cover to do it, so wasted a day for nothing. 2 weeks later, they finally got it so took it in. After a few hours, they called me and told me they damaged the padding of the seat while taking the cover out so they old me it would take up to 10 days to get it done. 2 days later (today) they called me and told me the car was done. So went to see it after work, and it looked terrible! The seat is now fatter than the other, and the leather is wrinkled and not really as good fit. So told them I would not pick it up until it looks factory like. I don't even know if they will be able to unless they just change the seat. Just looks cheap and badly made! You guys think I got the right to just ask them to change it to a new factory seat? I'm very picky when it comes to my car, and this is driving me crazy!!!!!!!!! Also is weird that they said 10 days and it only took 2, how did they get the vw parts so fast? I don't know. What you guys think?

·
Registered
202 Posts
new seat!!!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Yes, new seat.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Sure seats are injection moulded from factory so a replacement cover is never going to look the same. I'd ask for a new seat

·
Registered
811 Posts
Absolutely, new seat required!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for that. Talked to the dealer today, and they told me that VW does not supply the new seat as such, that they only supply it in pieces, so there is no way to get a new seat on the up. They will take a look again and maybe redo it and try to get a better finish. Being a cover though, I don't know if I'm ever going to be please with it, cause once we start using it it will probably look worst, but we will see what happens next week. I will call VW uk and find out what's the story with not providing a new seat.

·
Registered
304 Posts
They could whip one out of a new one at vw uk no problem and do the 'invisible' ahem..... repair to put a new one made of parts in that car!

·
Registered
462 Posts
This should be able to be repaired perfect we have interiors changed from cloth to leather all the time and they are perfect !

My guess is the technician doing it can change spark plugs but you need to be more of a upholster then a mechanic

1 - 10 of 10 Posts