Up Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, does anybody leave there maps and more screen in place all the time or do people remove it everytime you get out? Im still waiting for my car for my car and I was just wondering what people did!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I leave the stalk on but take the actual M&M with me

·
Registered
705 Posts
I unclip the M + M and take it with me, in the neoprene case. Apart from the initial installation by the dealer, the stalk hasn't been moved. Removing it as well and putting the blanking plate in place seems to be unnecessary to me. And the stalk would be awkward to carry around.

Nick

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does the stalk the screen attaches to charge the m&m?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Yes, it does. Other than plugging the unit into a USB port on your computer, it's the only way to charge the battery.

Nick

·
Registered
604 Posts
I have used my navmancigarette lighter charger to charge mine when I have taken it out and used it in my other car

·
Registered
44 Posts
I didn't get a neoprene case. Should I have got one?

·
Registered
705 Posts
And it's the best accessory I've bought for the car.

Nick

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ty.I got a generic 5" sat nav case from Amazon but it's too big.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So do you get a case? Like a standard 1?

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I bought one on ebay... it has Up! written on it and it is made for the maps and more. I don't have the link s am out and about, but think someone has posted it here before....

·
Registered
98 Posts
I generally leave my M&M in place, but take a view depending on where I am. If it's on my drive or parked at my kids' school, I leave it where it is. If I've parked at the local leisure centre, I tend to remove the M&M - my wife also removes the stalk but she is generally mroe cautious than me.

I live in a nice area so probably don't really need to. But I spent many years living in London and you never ever left anything like that on show unless you wanted to come back to a smashed side window. There were lots of little piles of broken car window glass at the sides of the roads where people hadn't been so cautious. My old MX5 got broken into twice in two days when I lived in Islington - all that got taken was a pair of prescription sunglasses which I'd foolishly left on view!

·
Registered
619 Posts
I've had two of the cars I've owned in the past broken into, so don't leave anything on view inside these days. I don't live in a particularly 'bad' area but it's best to remove any temptation from the equation as it were.

This is one of the reasons why I don't use M&M much - plugging it in, taking it out...it's such a palaver for the distances I travel. The sat. nav. feature is nice but I'm only likely to use it, say, twice a year. I'll miss out the M&M on my next Up purchase (two years down the line perhaps).

·
Registered
198 Posts
I do what most others seem to do, take the M&M off the stalk and then put M&M in the glove box.

Only takes a few seconds, so even if I only go on a 1 mile trip, I still fit it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts