Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Temped to get this led badge on the front of the up is there a way to wire it to glow when locking and unlocking the car? I heard that its done on other cars by wiring it to a dome light unit?? also im guessing its illegal to have it on the front and back while driving?? also i know nothing of wiring where and how would i wire this?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/VW-Car-LED-logo-light/528808085.html

Edited by: Collas

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also I cant tell how big the badge is from the pictures and if its chrome or not?

·
Registered
727 Posts
carpy said:
Also I cant tell how big the badge is from the pictures and if its chrome or not?

Scroll down and read the product details.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Why should it be illegal? Many cars have little stringy rows of led DRLs that dazzle even during the daytime, and they are standard factory lights.
Edited by: Rednaxela

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
It should be illegal because it looks horrendous!
Technically, I believe it would be fine so long as it doesn't dazzle. You should be ok with either white or orange light showing at the front of the vehicle and nothing else iirc.
Each to their own tho.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Davec86 said:
It should be illegal because it looks horrendous!

Being the de-badger that I am, I have to agree.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I'm with you there, smooth is key I think.
I've my wiper off already, and the badges will follow as soon as I get a chance :-D

·
Registered
705 Posts
The Wolseleys of the past had illuminated badges, but they were small and used tungsten bulbs to provide a warm orange light.

About twenty-fives years ago I did see a VW Golf flash past me and it had an illuminated front badge. Again this was tungsten-lit as it was a long time before LED lighting was available. At the time I thought it was a nice idea and had been done in a subtle way.

Nick

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 12 of 12 Posts