Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all... a few months ago i ordered Phillips X-tremeUltinon gen2 LED H4 and Osram LEDriving HL LED HB4 Bulb Kits.These were recommended by several of you.They are excellent, except ONE H4 has the typical LED "shivers" only on Dipped beam.It hasn't thrown a fault warning or anything.I have been told a relay needs to put in that line.Any ideas re this issue anybody?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi, I did this upgrade a few months ago. Same problem on one dipped beam. It was a faulty ballast - you can confirm by swapping the ballast with the other side. I returned the item and the replacement worked perfectly both sides. No additional relay or canbus control unit required.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks spook.Unfortunately both dipped lights were flickering last night.😆 Not on main beam tho.I have tried loading-up and un-loading the voltage by activating wipers,fan motor etc.. but the same.I am beginning to think that i need a Philips Canbus Adaptor which guarantees to remove all flickering. By the way anybody thinking of buy the Osram LED fog-lights..see above..they are a sod to get into the holders.I had to shamfer the Ali lugs on the bulb bases.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi all... a few months ago i ordered Phillips X-tremeUltinon gen2 LED H4 and Osram LEDriving HL LED HB4 Bulb Kits.These were recommended by several of you.They are excellent, except ONE H4 has the typical LED "shivers" only on Dipped beam.It hasn't thrown a fault warning or anything.I have been told a relay needs to put in that line.Any ideas re this issue anybody?
I bought the same H4 LED bulbs and they are excellent. They were flicker free for a a month or so but then the near side bulb started flickering on dipped beam. I bought the Phillips canbus resistorsthat go with these and there have been no problems since, 12 months later. They do cost a bit but so did the LED bulbs but totally worth It especially when I’m working nights and travel home in the early hours on country roads.

HTH

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I phoned the supplier Power-Bulbs today who were very helpful.I was told that they would contact Philips directly for me to obtain 2 Resistors and these should be supplied free of charge.This is NOT the Philips Headlight Canbus adapter H4 Twin @ £28.99 but 2 simple resistors.I then said as Philips don't charge for these, it seems illogical that they don't put them in each kit.The Gentleman i spoke to agreed! So....I will see when they arrive.I tried it this am and no flicker. It is obviously spasmodic and a lot depends on your voltage at the time in and out of the ECU which may not be that stable on the Up.The Gti is basically a standard Up first born in 2012 using a 1st generation CANbus system probably designed in 2010/11. Hence why no dashboard errors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts