Up Owners Club banner

61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I’ve now been running my Philips LED setup with the canbus adapters since collecting the gti on the 8th December.
Lights work perfectly and have a great long distance piercing standard beam in these dark nights. No other cars have flashed me and my wife followed me in my car the other night and they look like any other led headlight in the rear view mirror.

If anyone is swithering about them or looking at cheaper alternatives.....don’t as these are the ones to go for, the ballasts and the canbus adapters all look oem quality and it’s a nice simple yet effective mod.
Would very much agree with this. The Phillips are great quality, great beam pattern, and the heat sink fits perfectly with the dust cover.

·
Registered
122 Posts
To answer both, the canbus adapters are separate roughly 35 quid or so. The main ballasts need to be placed and fixed in position. I found this relatively simple to install both on the suspension struts and the canbus on top of each headlight. For those that have not previously seen on the Vw up GTI Facebook page I can post detailed pictures of fitting, beam pattern etc tomorrow.

·
Registered
104 Posts
After my MOT tomorrow, and i throw the LEDs back in i'll have to get a picture of the beam pattern, as to be fair i was expecting them, to be crap and then just returning them.
Without trying to disagreeable do you have any regard for those you dazzle when using illegal lights ??

61 - 65 of 65 Posts