Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finaly got round to fitting LED lights from an E-UP! and Iam very happy with the end result. It took in all 5 days on and off to remove, cut, install and refit bumper and LED's.
The end result was worth the wait and expense.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All parts were purchased from local vw dealership with no problem. ‘�

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
can I ask how much the lights were?

·
Super Moderator
1,051 Posts
They retail in the UK for £106.69 inc vat each side

N/S 12E 941 055 B

O/S 12E 941 056 B

Oh and they look AWESOME!!!
Edited by: lupogtiboy

·
Registered
18 Posts
They look really good!

Can i ask, Did you have to splice into the DRL or did they come from the dealer with plug and play wiring.

Do they go off when you put on Dipped beam?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Price in Denmark is 1750kr plus vat so about £180 each plus wiring and plugs. I have to go to the dealer in tomorrow as
Side lights don't go off when LEDs are on (could be just a case of changing the twin element bulb for single element bulbs). The wire to the DRL'S needs to be cut and reconnected to LEDs .
So far haven't seen another up! With them

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Spam killed....carry on!

·
Registered
957 Posts
Looks good and I do admire you owners that buy a new car and immediately take it apart to do a few mods ............. if I did that I would break or scratch something !!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Love those DRLs! Are they as yellowish as they look in the pictures? The E-Up ones seem to be a lot more white when I've seen them about.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They are the same, as they are e-up led's so they are as White.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Why not use them in Germany? Some sort of restriction?Edited by: FreddyL

·
Super Moderator
1,051 Posts
Exactly what I was thinking, why not Germany? Surely a German manufacturer knows the rules? I thought DRL's were a legal requirement throughout Europe as of January 2012?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well, DRL has been required by law here in Denmark for at least a decade, perhaps closer to two decades. But there's also restrictions on how many of a certain light you're allowed to have on a car, i.e. only one extra pair of (3rd party) hi-beams more than the car came with from the factory. Could be that Germany has a similar restriction on DRL's, so one would have to disable the built-in DRL's on the Up, in case you're installing LED's.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts