Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone who has their Up noticed people staring at them. Either the car is still rare or I'm funny looking LOl

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
People seem to be ignoring me and my little car... I have yet to see another one on the road as well...

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I don't get many looks/stares. Last night I saw a local Up approaching and flashed my lights. There was no response. Perhaps they wondered what the problem was. It had markings on the side, so most probably a commercial vehicle e.g. estate agents.

I do see them from time to time, perhaps every 4 or 5 days, though I have seen several more than once, and one red one I see almost every day.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I can't say anyone has shown any interest in my car, either when it's parked or moving. There are a lot of Citroen C1s in my area and, perhaps, the Up is being mistaken for that car.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I clocked a Renault twingo the other day, white with nice alloys. I had to do a double look cause I actually thought it was another Up! .... this was WITH my glasses on too! haha

·
Registered
553 Posts
Craig200588 said:
I clocked a Renault twingo the other day, white with nice alloys. I had to do a double look cause I actually thought it was another Up! .... this was WITH my glasses on too! haha
Can't read anything in front of my face without my specs ......can't drive in em though! ...... its not easy being over 21!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
I have started to call it the "up effect"....

only had mine 24 hours or so now and already had at least 3 incidences while its been parked of people coming up to the car peering in and even taking its photo!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I went away for weekend leaving hubby with the car. He went to meet a friend and out in the car park friends wanted to sit in it! Then random people asked and were surprised at how roomy it is. He felt like a car salesmen lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have lip read a woman saying to her fella when I was at a set of lights saying,there's one of them ups.not seen any other ups on the road yet in Essex.only seen one in potters bar and hind head tunnel and I drive 600kms a day in my tanker so very rare at the mo

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes I have had a few lookers!

Several passengers on motorways crane their necks back to have a good gawp (especially in other VWs)

Also have a bizarre Passat driver quiz me on the up! as I was sat in a McDonalds drive-thru queue (once a month treat)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts