Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, for some reason before I purchased my up I was under the impression maps and more came with lifetime map updates? In the box was a leaflet with a code to get maps for 2 years at a discounted price around £15.99 instead of £79.99. My maps and more alerted me to the fact I had a couple of days left to use the code before it ran out so I purchased it! Have i been ripped off or was it necessary to spend an extra 15 or so quid?

·
Registered
325 Posts
No, there's no lifetime map updates in the UK...

·
Registered
252 Posts
With the Garmin unit in our Mii there was reduced price Lifetime live traffic info & 2 years map updates. Compared to other Sat Navs the price was very reasonable.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep I purchased it as was on last day... Full price is a bit steep tbf, Tom Tom do lifetime updates for free *ahem*
I'll probably change it after 2 years anyway with an updated model if they should bring one out -

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The car and satnav are only 3 weeks old. I did buy the updates at the discount price on the last day of the offer so got it in time for £15.99

·
Registered
252 Posts
Billiebass said:
Yep I purchased it as was on last day... Full price is a bit steep tbf, Tom Tom do lifetime updates for free *ahem*
I'll probably change it after 2 years anyway with an updated model if they should bring one out -

True, but only on certain new units, but do TomTom do lifetime Live traffic updates? On my Via! Live, the Live traffic subscription was about £45 per year. From memory I paid less than that for Lifetime Garmin Live info.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Billiebass said:
The car and satnav are only 3 weeks old. I did buy the updates at the discount price on the last day of the offer so got it in time for £15.99

Was that just for the map updates? Do you have a compatible iOs or Andriod device for the Live traffic?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
True but I have always opted for a model that never required a subscription - my last 2 tom toms were under £100 with free lifetime maps so was a bit let down to discover I had to shell out more money since I'd just spent alot on a new car, would be nice if VW footed the bill for the first 2 years tbh. As for life traffic updates I have no idea, never used it as far as I'm aware and have never really needed it

·
Registered
130 Posts
How do you know what version of Maps you have got installed?

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm 1 year into my 2 year map updates just downloaded Q2 2014 maps to my unit. One thing I have found is that new maps are larger than the ones that were pre installed so the whole of Europe can't be installed together.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I just have UK, Ireland and Isle of Man on mine - I'll install others as and when I need them. Makes updates quicker :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi forgive me for always seem to be asking questions but everything is new to me at the moment.

So next question can I change the Male voice on the Nav. part of Maps & More to a Female Voice, I find the Female Voice is more distinct to listen to NOT being sexist as my other half always has his Sat Nav set to a Female Voice (Not a VW)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi Cadfael thanks for your reply

Very sorry to ask again but when you say enter setup is that on M&M or in software on computer as i can't find any button with setup on it,
When my M&M is switched on i have 4 Buttons = Car Info - Media - Navigation - Phone I have tried all the buttons but can not find how to do it,

So Please HELP!!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
It is in the M&M.
You can change it in your car or at home, not connected to the computer ...

You also have the button "Option" at the bottom of the nav (when the four items you mentioned are shown) ...
Click "option" ...
There are two or three different "option areas".
Each "area" has about 3-5 "pages" with options.
One item says "male or female voice" (or something like that).

Try ...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Me Again Cadfael! Many thanks for your reply's I can find the "Options" pages as you mentioned have scrolled though them all but can't see any item refering to changing the voice, so will ring the dealer tomorrow.
Will post back as soon as I find a answer, many thanks for your help

1 - 20 of 41 Posts