Up Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the proud owner of the best coloured Up, light blue, I keep on the lookout for others - there aren't many around. I saw a 5 door Move Up on the M1 Northbound near junction 25 tonight and it made my day. Unfortunately, I was in the white Take Up at the time so it was a one way spot.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Allybasher said:
As the proud owner of the best coloured Up, light blue, I keep on the lookout for others - there aren't many around.  I saw a 5 door Move Up on the M1 Northbound near junction 25 tonight and it made my day. Unfortunately, I was in the white Take Up at the time so it was a one way spot.
Light blue does look nice, but I think that tornado red is the colour for me...
Maybe I can be convinced to change my mind...

·
Registered
202 Posts
skyhigh said:
Allybasher said:
As the proud owner of the best coloured Up, light blue, I keep on the lookout for others - there aren't many around. I saw a 5 door Move Up on the M1 Northbound near junction 25 tonight and it made my day. Unfortunately, I was in the white Take Up at the time so it was a one way spot.
Don't change your mind ;) red is where its at :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
really wish i could answer that mate, still got a 2 month wait on mine :( I've ordered an ECO UP! (runs on CNG) and theres been a load of orders and all the building chain is blocked cuz they've finished a couple of parts and waiting for more to come in..

Edited by: scarja

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
scarja said:
skyhigh said:
Allybasher said:
Don't change your mind ;) red is where its at :)

Nah, red is too common, blue is the colour....

·
Registered
226 Posts
Allybasher said:
Nah, red is too common,  blue is the colour....
I've only seen one red around here. Mind you, I've only seen one light blue as well.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The colors I see every day here in DK are:

Black
Dark Silver
Red
White

I have one of the very few Midnight Blue (IMO the best color), and there are a few Light blues around,...

Red or White are absolutely everywhere due to being about £500 cheaper than the metallic colors...

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In the UK red and light blue are standard, white is £200 extra. It was no cost originally but as it was the most popular colour, VW must have been worried that they weren't getting enough money in extras. Now most are red. Light blue really suits the car but doesn't look great on the configurator.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I've got a Tornado red one, as you can see by my avatar. The most popular colours round by me are red & white. I've only ever seen a light blue one at the dealers.

·
Registered
202 Posts
the most popular is white here because it's free (white is free on any car of any make in italy it's common practice) red cost me an extra 150 euros but well worth it :) not any red round here in italy :)

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Seen three red ones on my way home from work - a 5 door Mii, 3 door Move up and 3 door High up. No other colours at all tonight. Certainly no light blues

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm gutted. I passed a light blue 5 door High Up on my way home from work last night but was driving a company Astra so couldn't wave.

Mind you, coming home tonight, I was alongside a red Move Up in heavy traffic near J24 of the M1 and exchanged friendly waves. The first response I have had from another Up driver. I think he saw my club sticker.
Edited by: Allybasher

·
Registered
52 Posts
i own a white take up! but have had a light blue move up as a courtesy car this weekend and have loved it! i'm going to miss the electric windows, aircon and central locking when i have to take it back :p

·
Registered
24 Posts
White Up! spotted in my home town of Basingstoke, Hants.
Soon to be a Tornado Red one too as I ordered mine last Saturday! ;-)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts