Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the VW garage today to order my White High Up! + Sports Pack and on the way home I saw a woman in a "light blue" one driving from the M57 through to Gorton. Ever wondered what a light blue one looks like?It looks a bit like this

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Showing my age but remember seeing football matches on tv with rows of these parked at the side....motability 60's style !

·
Registered
956 Posts
Three wheels on my wagon, and I'm still rolling along...........................anyone old enough to remember that song?

Oh, and less of your cheek, up in uppermill
. I'm certainly not a Chelsea fan but in this case blue is most DEFINITELY the colour.

Strange really, I'm actually a Leeds United fan but just couldn't bring myself to go for the "Mighty White" up! Probably explains why I can't abide red though (no offence to any M********r United fans)

Edited by: clowesa

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Football....girlies game, real men play Rugby Union.........or at least men with odd shaped balls!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Privatedoc said:
Football....girlies game, real men play Rugby Union.........or at least men with odd shaped balls!

Not a massive Rugby fan but for me it'd be Rugby League every time. Mind you, if I had to choose just one sport, it could ONLY be MotoGP, those guys have balls of steel

·
Registered
956 Posts
M5 SUT said:
what I actually meant was ..

a 3 wheeler OR nothing,

but it works as they get their motors for nowt!!
!

I'd give em a bus pass! or taxi vouchers!

Yep, got the gist and totally agree. I have no issue with people needing motability, but I DO take offence at the big, brand new, overpowered gas guzzlers that always seem to be parked in the disabled spaces at my local supermarkets. I understand the need to accommodate a wheelchair etc but Mercedes, BMW, Audi......really!!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
No; we don't.

With all due respect, I can see the actual car. It IS a very pale blue , which looks white in some -mainly very bright - lights. But as I said, it IS blue. That's why VW call it "light blue" (as opposed, for example, to candy white)!
Edited by: Violet

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thank you M5 SUT - it is blue! It's true it's a very light shade, so when the light is directly on it, if car is not next to something white, it is sometimes mistaken for white.Obviously also depends on how people's computer screens are adjusted.Anyway, as I say, I can see the car itself (as opposed to a photo) and can assure everyone it's light blue and NOT white! The colour is ever so pretty on the up - very cute!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Violet said:
TObviously also depends on how people's computer screens are adjusted.Anyway, as I say, I can see the car itself (as opposed to a photo) and can assure everyone it's light blue and NOT white! The colour is ever so pretty on the up - very cute!
I have a high quality monitor which has been calibrated with a calibration tool. It still looks white.
But ... the camera does lie ... you probably did not take care with the white balance, and the colour profile in the image. Plus cameras and monitors are limited in the colours they can display, even good ones.

Let's agree it is blue.
But it looks white.

·
Registered
107 Posts
As Clowesa has already pointed out (in another thread, but in reference to this photo), the bottom part of the car in the photo looks blue, whilst the roof and bonnet look white. As I have already pointed out, that's how it looked in real life, because of the way the light fell when the photo was taken. Her monitor was obviously calibrated correctly as her description matched exactly the way the car looked in that light; nothing wrong with my white balance!

Anyway, it doesn't really matter what we agree, because it IS blue, which is why VW CALLS IT blue. Again, it is a very light pastely colour, and I've already said that - although it is blue - it can look white in some contexts, depending on the light and/or what's next to it. Until you've seen the car in person, any opinion as to its colour is just that - an opinion! The only definitive objective view is the car itself. Even then, some people think it's white!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts