Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Got my Up! on Monday, it's been brilliant! It's a Light Blue Take Up! and it's my first car. We're really enjoying it so far. It was 5 weeks from ordering to collection.

When I collected it on Monday they had it on a lift! I've not heard of this before, luckily caught it on camera to show you all. I know they don't do this at all dealers. It was a great way to present the car - we were very excited and not expecting it. Here's the video:

[TUBE]http://youtu.be/2MQkqQ3-ick[/TUBE]

I've also got some photos. Hope you like the Up!

Hannah

Edited by: HannahUP

·
Registered
583 Posts
The lift is a nice touch

The local BMW dealership has one as well, but only to bring cars from their underground garage up to the showroom, so as a customer you don't get to drive it off the lift and through the doors.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Lovely, the blue does look smart

·
Registered
811 Posts
That's amazing. Mine was covered with a sheet and I thought that was a bit flash.....

Lovely car too.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hi Hannah. That's certainly different! I've been in the car industry for 16 years and never heard/seen the lifter method before. It's a nice way to have your new car presented to you! Mine was from the same dealership as Allybasher and like him, thought that the car cover method was a nice way to have your car unveiled. My previous new cars were just left outside before my Up!.

Lovely looking car though, and rare in the light blue! The hard bit will be keeping the little beauty looking clean though!

I hope you enjoy your little gem. Have you got a name for it yet?

Matt

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not far from you both, I'm only in Sheffield but it was from a new(ish) dealers so maybe it's a new thing?! He said the one up the road in Chesterfield don't have the lifts and uses the car covers, people should come to Sheffield for their Ups instead ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got mine from the dealer in Chesterfield and it would have been covered but I got there early and watched them move it into the showroom. But got my wife's Audi from your dealer, so hers came up the lift from the workshops..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts