Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Its lunchtime & i'm dreaming about my little car (and when I will get it..)

If the up! has daytime running lights, then why does the light switch have two positions (plus fog positions)

If the sidelights are on all the time, then I would expect the switch to only have one position...

I can't find a good enough photo to actually see what the symbols are.

can someone who has a car explain?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh I see. I thought the daytime lights were the side lights.

I wonder if the running lights can be changed for LED's? (and be road legal)
Edited by: Rednaxela

·
Registered
109 Posts
I looked at the DRL when we test drove our UP! The DRL and sidelight are the same bulb, just a twin filament T20 W21/5W.
Strangely it appears that the 21w filament is used for the DRL and the 5w filament is used for the side lights, so when you put the sidelights on it actually goes 'dimmer'. I've ordered some LED lamps for them which are described as twin filament replacements so hopefully these will work as desired, not sure if there's bulb out warnings but we'll see.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will look foward to finding out how you get on.. I should have my car in 3 weeks...
I do like the sound of LED's..

·
Registered
421 Posts
On the Polo the main lights are the daylight running lights on the up! it's the sidelights, a lot better I think.

Also there's some dodgy way of turning them off but never tried in the Polo for fear of not being able to turn the lights on at night!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts