Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of upgrading my lights and am having problems trying to find an upgrade for thedriving/side light bulbs which are Toshiba W21/5W, has anyone tried this and been successful, any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hi Riggo, like many others on the forum, I went for:Indicators Philips Silver Vision PY21W (gets rid of the yellow look of std winker bulbs)
DRL/side lights MTEC W21/5w T20 (nice, white light, looks cool)
Headlights Osram Night Breaker Plus Limited Edition HB4 9006 (much brighter/whiter than std)
Foglights Philips X-treme Vision H1 (as for headlights)

I'm very pleased indeed with all of them, hope this helps too

·
Registered
97 Posts
gordoac said:
Hi Riggo, like many others on the forum, I went for:Headlights Osram Night Breaker Plus Limited Edition HB4 9006 (much brighter/whiter than std)
Foglights Philips X-treme Vision H1 (as for headlights)

Beware, the Headlamp Bulbs are H4 (not H1) and the Foglights are HB4 9006 (not H1). In other words the headlamp bulbs are completely different (double filament for a start) to the foglight bulbs which are single filament and have a completely different fitting.

Edited by: Robbyrook

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Gordoac thanks very much the MTEC Xenon W21/5W for the DRL/Sidelights are exactly what I needed and look great.However I think you may have mixed up with the headlights and the foglights, Robbyrook is correct about the Fogs as I struggled for a while untill I installed the HB4 / 9006 which has a different fitting to the headlights. It sure gets confusing at times and help is a wonderful thing, thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Humble, humble apologies, I was going from my invoices for the bulbs I bought, got the fog and headlight type numbers completely muddled up, glad it didn't result in anyone trying to fit foglight bulbs into headlight or vice versa! Fortunately it's much easier to do on the printed page than in real life!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All lights in the front now changed and they look brilliant, next job is the rear lights. Well worth doing and would recommend to any Up owner as the results are quite amazing. Thanks for all the advice received.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Agree, just upgraded to the MTEC DRLs and added a set of xennon white style bulbs from the bay, look great all round, makes the car look so much better!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts