Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swapped to a Polo about a month ago due to needing a larger 5 door.
The dealer had little tic-tac from me around 2 months ago, and didn't sell it until recently.
It's now sold and I'm wondering who may have it now? Are they looking after it? I do hope so. My little car never spend a night outside from new and was always cared for every weekend.

If you bought my high up AO12OSL, then just let me know he has a good home... 8o)

Merry Christmas everyone, and don't forget to give your up!s some special attention this holiday! Lol
My little Polo is tucked away safe and sound, just in case of any reindeer poo tonight....Edited by: Rednaxela

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Haha awwww! I often look for my oldish golf but never see it! By surprise I thoyght I saw my 1st polo on autotrader once but it wasnt for 2 reasons: 1st I wrote it off and 2nd 1 digit was different in reg lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just traded mine in and I have the same worries. It's still for sale but on Australia's equivalent of Auto Trader, it's being advertised as a "great car for a learner/young driver".

NO! DON'T SELL IT TO AN 18 YEAR OLD! THEY'LL RUIN THE CLUTCH!

Had to trade for a 2005 ford escape. Yawn. Moving to a remote part of the Northern Territory in January and I'm afraid the Up! Won't be able to hack the dirt roads and potential encounters with 7ft tall Red Kangaroos.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Oh Joycey...you can not leave us hanging there. Ok you are not Australian, but why are you going to the Northern Territories? I suspect most of us, North of the Equator, only see where you are going ...in the movies... We just see 20 foot crocodiles!!!

Do tell us....maybe in Idle Chit Chat...I for one would be fascinated.

Go well.

·
Registered
176 Posts
In September of last year, about a month before taking delivery of my Up, I happened to see my old Audi A4 parked in the car park of my local hospital while visiting my father-in-law.

I could have cried, since I miss that car so much.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Why did you get rid then?

Go well.

·
Registered
587 Posts
My old Take Up! has just been sold FG62ONX from Parkway Derby. Will say Overall happier with the Polo and average mpg of 50 from a 1.4 is not that had or too far behind my up! Miss the rarty engine, not the noisy gearbox...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Unfortunately, personal circumstances ultimately forced my hand in parting with the Audi.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Oh right. Thank you for your reply. I did not mean to intrude....I suspect I have been in the same position.

Our Up's are very easy cars to enjoy though.

Go well.

·
Registered
176 Posts
They are indeed.

Since owning an Audi, no vehicle has made me feel the same way about a car as the Up does!

Edited by: Miserable Git

·
Registered
448 Posts
Our last Car was much more expensive than the Up, but somehow our little Up relays a greater driving experience. Much more economical, and much more fun to drive. Starting to think about towing it behind our Motor Home. That is another story though!

Go well.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I liken the UP! to driving a go-kart in comfort.

Although, I think that you may have the right idea in taking the Up! away with you when touring; it makes far better sense than towing a Smart Car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts