Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all, when I filled up yesterday to the top, my trip comp said 290 miles left in tank after driving 40 miles I now have 350 miles left in the tank haha I should of only put half a tank in! Edited by: Itzben

·
Registered
1,862 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
I've managed to get my range to increase for about 20 or so miles in the past. If you want to cheat, zero your trip thingy, drive like a lunatic. Then drive down a flat motorway at about 56 mph.

·
Registered
167 Posts
My UP! Did the same. But now on my second full tank fill up, the trip computer gave me a whooping 450 miles range.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Yes when I fill mine up I only drive about a mile to the fuel station. Then I get a range of 400 miles. If I then drive on to the motorway and do a steady 50 mph the range goes up to 420-430 ish.. So it obviously depends on the state of the engine, how hot it is etc, and what speed you are doing. If I could maintain that speed for 430 miles then it would probably be correct. In fact it may go up higher if I reduced the speed to say 45 mph. But sooner or later I think I would fall asleep at the wheel. I certainly couldn't drive for that length of time to try it out. So I believe the gadget.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts