Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Little tic-tac has arrived at the dealers for collection Friday afternoon!!! Even got the registration I wanted with initials A..SL for Alex, Steph and Laura!

But, like 'gaveup', it has been fitted with a black dash instead of red!! Oh well, they can swap it once a red one arrives. (I hope)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Really sorry Alex! I thought that mine was just a one off - can't believe it has happened again!! I am still waiting for my red dash but they did say it would take about 4 weeks to arrive so should only have one week to go.
I went to my dealers earlier this week to sort something else out and they told me that an identical car to minehad been delivered to the showroomso they received two cars from my order.The didnt mind as they are keeping it as the showroom model.

Are they going to change yours?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GaveUp said:
Really sorry Alex!  I thought that mine was just a one off - can't believe it has happened again!!  I am still waiting for my red dash but they did say it would take about 4 weeks to arrive so should only have one week to go.   
I went to my dealers earlier this week to sort something else out and they told me that an identical car to mine had been delivered to the showroom so they received two cars from my order.The didnt mind as they are keeping it as the showroom model.

Perhaps it was a buy one get one free offer? Lol
I'm not too worried about the dash, so long as they sort it out. Did you get offered anything as an apology?

·
Registered
160 Posts
The branchmanager was very apologetic and mysalesman gave me a vw teddy - its a nice cuddly dog!!! He did mentiongiving me something special when my dash is fitted but I have no idea what it could be and tobe honest I wont be holding mybreath.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
no way!! not another one with the wrong colour dash!

good that its gonna be fixed eventually tho

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wayman said:
Good that it's going to be fixed, will feel like a new car on the inside when it's changed!

I hope I don't end up missing the black lol..... Perhaps I can keepthe replacement inmy shed and change it depending on my mood of the day..

·
Registered
553 Posts
GaveUp said:
Really sorry Alex! I thought that mine was just a one off - can't believe it has happened again!! I am still waiting for my red dash but they did say it would take about 4 weeks to arrive so should only have one week to go.
I went to my dealers earlier this week to sort something else out and they told me that an identical car to minehad been delivered to the showroomso they received two cars from my order.The didnt mind as they are keeping it as the showroom model.

Did it have a Red or Black dash?

If its a black one that would be 3 cars with the wrong colour dash!! as yours shoukd have been red a duplicate should be red!

If its a Red dash, whats the wait for? why can't they just swap it for yours?

·
Registered
160 Posts
The car also has a black dash. As you say, if it was red they could have removed it and put it in mine or give me that car instead. Will go back to the garage again at weekend for an update - definately not going to let this drop!!!
Alex - have they said they will change yours??

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They asked me if I wanted to just accept the black, but I said no, and would want it changed. They were fine with that. Will double check it all tomorrow.
I must admit, if the doors were not red inside, I would have probably kept it, but it just doesn't look right as it is.Edited by: Rednaxela

·
Registered
160 Posts
I was asked if I wanted to re-order when they first rang me - told them I wasnt prepared to wait 16-20 wks but when I got to the garage an hour later they said they could swap it. They must have spoken to someone to confirm that it could be done cause the knew that they needed a special tool to remove it!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Have you grown to like the black? It does look nice against the cornsilk.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I suppose I have got used to it - it matches the inserts on the steering wheel, radio console and the gear knob! But it was the red dash and cornsilk interior that sold us the car in the first place so it has to be swapped. They better not damage her in anyway or there will be **** to play!!!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It won't be damaged, I bet they have detailed procedures on how to do it.
My golf door got stuck shut a while back, I could see no way of opening it, but they had it all fixed in about 5 minutes, no charge too.
Keep me updated.. our cars seem to be twins ... Lol

·
Registered
160 Posts
Will do Alex - let me know how you get ontoo!!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
GaveUp said:
Will do Alex - let me know how you get on too!! 
Sure..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts