Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got me a good deal on some Genuine VW Privacy SunBlinds. RRP £135 Fitted.

Lots of £££ Not sure if I would want to pay full price, but the quality is great.

Very pleased with them. They each consist of a solid metal frame on which the material is stretched over. Eash one also has a VW logo tag. They clip to the windows using little metal clips. Very robust, and the back windscreen is one piece, rather than two parts as some other aftermarket kits are for other makes.

My aim was to get tints without actually tinting, and to stop the guys at work reading my M&M screen from behind at the traffic lights and then making fun of my tunes... (Whats wrong with Celine Dion!!!!) lol

Anyway, for anyone interested, here are some pics... 8o)

·
Registered
592 Posts
I like them. Something else for the Up shopping list, along with the official Up centre armrest when available.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gary02tdi said:
Cool Alex.

Do you mind me asking how much where they?

Gary
10% off, not enough to retire on.. Lol
I'm not sure how much proper tinting would cost, but I always get put off when I see older cars with bubble like bits on the glass where I guess the film has come unstuck. The blinds seemed to be a good compromise for me.
I looked online for third party versions, but could not find any. I guess they will come along soon, but I'm hopeless at waiting... I found some third party ones for my mk5 golf on ebay for around £90 so I guess the genuine ones are not that much more.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Truth-seeker said:
I like them. Something else for the Up shopping list, along with the official Up centre armrest when available.
I also want the arm rest. I hope they will do one to match my cornsilk interior, but I haven't got my hopes up. Every single up at the dealers today I looked at had a dark interior.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Truth-seeker said:
Found these from Germany - look top qualityhttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190790931159?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649
Looks like you can get your own design printed on them too!!! Very cool

·
Registered
592 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Sorry - looks like it is only a guide on how to reupholster. Anyway, Armster armrests are top quality - have owned several in the past.

·
Registered
261 Posts
While mooching at the dealers to get an Up!date on delivery - I saw this type of screen fitted to a Golf in the showroom and thought that they looked a quality piece of kit! well made and no gimmick. Ideal.Anyway, after finishing browsing I shoved the door of the Golf shut and heard the satisfying solid VW "thunk" as it closed.
A rather gratifying thought flashed thru my brain.... Hang on I thought, that sounded just like an Up!

·
Registered
116 Posts
l also have these blinds fitted to my Up!, as well as having window tint.
Car sits in the open at work, and the Aussie sun does get a bit hot.
Every little bit to make car cooler helps.
Also great for privacy, as very hard to look into the car.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just as a note, mine are now on ebay for sale as I had to sell the up!

Item 181243763501 with buy it now option instead of auction.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hope you can get these for 5 door. My son gets blinded in the sun and the cheapy Boots specials keep falling off and look utter sh*te anyway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts