1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Collected my BlackHigh up!on Saturday,details are as follow:
Sports Pack with Triangle Black Alloy Wheels
Comfort Pack
Drivers Assistance Pack (i haven't tried out the emergency braking yet!)
Sensor Pack (Not had an opportunity yet to try the cruise control)
Winter Pack (Two levels of heat for the front seats, have tried both settings and very pleased with this option)
Sound Pack
Panoramic Sunroof
Full Size Spare Wheel (Which i was amazed that VW had the cheek to charge £50.00 for!!)

Originally also ordered the Chrome Pack which was advertised as an option at the time of ordering, only to be be advised by VW that the chrome pack is no longer offered as a factory fitted option, however the dealer was able to fit it apart from chrome around the fog lights,the chrome door mirrors and side strips gives the black high upa nice finished appearance.

Keys: this has been mentioned a few times, i was advised by the dealer that 2 keys would be supplied, but when i collected the vehicle, i was disappointed to find one remote key and one basic key, i have complained about this as the brochure clearly states when choosing the Comfort Pack'Remote centrol locking with two remote folding keys' the dealer agrees with me and is arranging for a 2nd remote key to be supplied.

The drive of the car is pretty good, spacious and comfortable, although i was and am still a llittle disappointed by the diesel sound to the engine and hope this improves with wear, we still have our Polo Gti so its kind of hard not to compare the two, just have to get used to a different style of driving.

Maps and more works fine with my i-Phone 4s, after some teething problems and the maps and more holder needs to be firmly in place, i have only used the bluetooth connection so far and have found that it occassionally drops out for a second or two, also i have been unable to get the album cover to appear if it does, as i'm assuming it appears on the fascia to the left of the song title, which is just an empty box.(has anyone else been able to?). I have ordered a 3.5 lead to try out the aux input.

To everyone still eagerly awaiting delivery, you won't be disappointed, apart from a couple of minor irritation's its a superb little car, good fuel consumption, reasonable insurance rates, minimal road tax, and cleverly designed plus a head turner and its a VW. I have done a couple of pics and will try to get them up! on here.

Edited by: DavidEw

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hi David,

Congrats on the new car.

When you test drove it was it one without sports suspension? If so what differences do you notice between the two in terms handling, ride comfort, body roll etc.?

Regards

Russell

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Russell,
Ididn't actually have a test drive, decided to part exchange my one year old Alfa Romeo MiTo when I first started to read the up! reports and wefelt it met bothmy wifes and my needs at this present time, so orderedthe High up!in December without seeing one in the showroom,demo's didn't arrive in the showroom until towards the end of March at which point I didn't feel the need to test drive as mine was ordered and paid for, so crossed my fingers and hoped for the best.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Didn't the comfort pack come as standard on the High up! as opposed to an option which cost extra?

I fully agree with the 2 keys issue, the brochure is clear on the subject.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Glad to hear your so happy with your car.
We are waiting for a High UP! after we decided adding all we wanted to a move UP! was almost the same price!
One of the features that swayed us was the 2 remote keys! so I'm glad your dealer feels that way and I will use you as an example of why we should get 2 so thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
please please please, put up some pics of the pano roof, ive ordered one and you cant find many pics of it at the moment, so id love to see it opened and closed from the inside and outside if possible?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just my luck, been raining the last few days and seems like it will be for the rest of the week, so no pics yet,but i can say the panoramic roof is brilliant, as you would expect, it creates a brighter interior and works beautifully, fully opened or in increments, definately worth the extra expense.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
thats DavidEw!! glad itll be worth the extra money, it was a last minute choice with my order. and i totally agree, wait until you wont flood your new up before taking any pictures! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts