Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well you can get a lot on/in them - recent wild camping trip up the NC500 and Lock Garten

List of Contents, 4 Man Tent, 3* Airbeds 1 * BBQ, 1 * Gas Burner, 1* Isup and Paddle, 2* Surf Boards, 2 Kids, Me, 1 Cocker Spaniel, Clothes for a week, Dog Food, Box of camping equipment, 1 Huge Jelly cat rabbit, lots and lots of snacks, Iron Bru!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Surprising how much you can pack into these little cars.
The NC500 looks like a great road trip .
Did you camp the whole trip ?
Car looks great in red .

·
Registered
207 Posts
I thought for a moment you were doing a James May’esque camping on the roof type thing

but then noticed it’s a Thule roof box hiding behind something else.

Nice pics of a trip to remember, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In answer to the questions.

We did a couple of nights camping at Loch Garten then up to my sisters house in Wick.

I think I was getting around 45mpg with the full load on, but that was up the A9 which was busy and therefore 50mph - to 60mph.

I did do some twisty stuff which took it down a bit - mainly as following a major navigation error (missing the Forth Road Bridge (which is terrible considering I can see it from my village!!)) I went via Stirling then x country to Crief to Amulee - Dunkeld which is a great drive.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did the Full (amlost) Nc500 in Jan - its an epic drivers trip but best done off season if you want to go flat out.

My Sisters house is on the NC500 and I had a nice morning on the last day eating my breakfast sat on the wall watching the bikes and cars go by.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
That's my old Up GTi !!

Great to see it again. Really pleased you are enjoying the car, it was my wife's and she never drove it fast so it was wasted on her.
We had Defender for a while (she used to own one) but recently changed it for a new Suzuki Jimny.
lt's the ideal car for her, she absolutely loves it.

Sounds like a great trip you had, even better done in the little GTi.

How many miles has it done now?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Think I am up to 24k now so I have done half my usual annual miles.

Start travelling again next week so it will start ramping up again.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Wasn’t sure whether to post this here or in the modding section (as a new make-shift cross-member 😂), but I just managed to get some building supplies in ok. 👍🏻

·
Registered
466 Posts
Great photos, call mine the mini transit when needed, did all the building supply runs for the garage extension.
Most awkward load was the front wing for the Triumph 2000, front seat all the way and folded, just cleared !

·
Registered
751 Posts
Just after I got my Tsi in 2017, I collected an axle for my classic Alfa . It just went in with the passenger seat fully forward and the backrest of the seat leaning forward.
With an old thick towel at each end to prevent any movement on the soft bits, it was perfect.
Just like a van !

Reactions: North London Mike

·
Registered
61 Posts
Always impressed how much you can fit in these little cars! Haven't got a picture but managed to fit in a spare boot for a mk6 fiesta - boot was about an inch away from my head while driving but it did fit!
Also did a trip to Wales recently, 4 up with luggage for a few days away, no problem

·
Registered
509 Posts
When i moved house last year and was making daily trips to the tip I was packing my car like Jenga bricks ! It’s surprisingly spacious.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well you can get a lot on/in them - recent wild camping trip up the NC500 and Lock Garten

List of Contents, 4 Man Tent, 3* Airbeds 1 * BBQ, 1 * Gas Burner, 1* Isup and Paddle, 2* Surf Boards, 2 Kids, Me, 1 Cocker Spaniel, Clothes for a week, Dog Food, Box of camping equipment, 1 Huge Jelly cat rabbit, lots and lots of snacks, Iron Bru!

View attachment 5539 View attachment 5540 View attachment 5541

View attachment 5539 View attachment 5540 View attachment 5541

I’ve been looking for a decent rack & see yours is a Halfords special, untreated 4”x 2”, propa Ray mears bush craft stylie, good work Rambo.

·
Registered
466 Posts
B&Q today, maxed out the load space, for info...........
53'' is the max length (front seat all the way forward and full fold) and 24'' is pretty much full width, as its difficult to fully fold the drivers seat and still drive it !! Obviously you can stack it to the roof, subject to weight
Another win for the up! 😁👌

1 - 20 of 20 Posts