Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a base model UP and as you know it only has one key access point (drivers door) the lock turns from left to right but will not open up, any idea's how we can get into the car as its currently stranded ?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Have you tried pulling on the door handle and releasing it, or turning the key at the same time? Otherwise, it looks like you may need to call on VW Assistance.

Nick

·
Registered
448 Posts
Even though your drivers door will not open when unlocked, have you tried the tailgate then....that might be unlocked, and you could gain access that way.

As a matter of interest our base model ( take up ) has a passenger door key lock.

Go well.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Most cars have a key lock on the front passenger door but nowadays it is usually hidden under a body-coloured cap.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Outside your house now...5 pound lump hammer got into your Up! Simples!

Put the kettle on.....

Only joking.

As Nick said....VW Assist in the morning?

Go well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally got the UP into the dealer for a repair, the thing should have had a recall for locks and barrel--------------bit late now, anyone else had a recall notice ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Mine had to go in for a recall to do with the locks and barrels in September, as far as I'm aware they only regreased the lock barrels. I'll have a look for the paperwork and double check

·
Registered
97 Posts
compsec said:
Finally got the UP into the dealer for a repair, the thing should have had a recall for locks and barrel--------------bit late now, anyone else had a recall notice ?
How did you get into your car to take it to the dealer or was it brought to them by trailer?

·
Registered
448 Posts
[QUOTE) How did you get into your car to take it to the dealer or was it brought to them by trailer?

[/QUOTE]

Good point. I would like to know this as well. Might happen to me one day.

Go well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts