Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ... I'm new to the forum.I have the Move-up (March 14 reg - if it's important) 5 door.
Anyway, yesterday it locked me out. I had got into car,switched engine on, put on lights and air con (to demist windows), then got out to speak to sister. But I closed door, thinking it would help the windows clear, however when I tried to open any of the doors (only seconds later) it had locked me out.
I had to call VW assist as I was miles away from home and the spare key.
They sent out AA who had to lever door slightly and poke in a wire to open window and thus open door. Apparently the only people with lock picks are the supervisors or VW specifics who do not work weekends.
Anyway, sorry for lengthy story, but wondered if anyone else had been locked out whilst engine etc on ??
Cheers

·
Registered
957 Posts
Not had that, when I reverse off my drive each morning I shut my car door with the engine running and go and close my gates and I have not had that happen.

If you unlock the car but don't open any door it will auto lock again after a while.

Interesting to see if others have had that, if not I would mention it to the dealer.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Not happened to me. In the winter I start the car and put heating on and get out and shut the door while I de ice the windows. This sounds a worrying fault which needs attention from the dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for response
Yeh, come to think of it, I have done that myself so don't know what happened yesterday.
I'm going to ring dealer tomorrow morning. It's just a faff isn't it, as I know I'll have to leave it with them.
Still ... I do love my Up

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Is it possible that you pressed the lock button on the door as you got out of the car before you shut the door.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I suppose it it a possibility
I did think it could have been something like that and now you've got me thinking !!! I think I may have gone to put window down first - just to save getting out if car - maybe I pressed the lock button instead ?But after the stress of it all last night (and the way the AA guy had to get into car ... I kept having to turn away in case he damaged the door) It's all a bit of a blur now !!!
I'll still call the dealer tomorrow just to get it checked.

·
Registered
106 Posts
As far as I know, you should NOT be able to lock the doors via the keys as soon as they're in the ignition, on or off. I've tried this and my car would NOT respond to the clicks on the key, so this sounds kind of weird.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your input ....I took my car to the dealers, who checked it over and also checked if there had been any other reports of this. They have said they could find nothing wrong and that there was nothing showing in the onboard computer log. So, yes it is weird and I'm a little nervous it may happen again. But I will just have to keep my fingers crossed and hope it was a one off !!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts