Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Why does it take hours to log on to student's accounts on results day?
Well I know why, but why don't they do something about it? It's the same story every results day.
It's 'mum, please spend hours of your day trying to log on and check my results?'
I'm so bored of it now
Edited by: bugbabe34

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Ah yes, uni results day.... luckily when I was getting my results a few years back, I happened to have a lie in and they had come through thr post by the time I woke! lol

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My daughter is at the end of her first year and we've never had anything in the post re results. Actually apart from looking for money, never had anything at all.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
oh really? altho i guess most things are done online now arent they.... i hope she has doen well :)

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not well enough according to her. First year and she was point 5 away from a first! but has a mark to dispute. She wasn't a happy bunny, a 2:1 is not good enough in her opinion. But she knows the first year doesn't really matter, but if she wants a year in industry it does apparently. As someone who is only doing a BA now, I don't really get it
I left it a bit late I know, but in my final year next year
Edited by: bugbabe34

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
well in the long term, unless she is doing something like a doctor or laywer or accounting, even a first wont make much difference. but its good to aim for the best!

well done you, what degree are you going to get a BA in? and good luck of course too!

I have done a BSc in Animal Science (Behaviour and Welfare) and I am now a student vet nurse, so still studying, I seem to be addicted to learning, in my whole life I have only had 2 years off since I was 5! Thats 20 years of study so far! haha

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My daughter is studying pharmacology. I'm studying for the BA (Hons) in Early Childhood Studies and for Early Years Professional Status, both in the coming school year

And well done you, I've got much respect for lifelong learners. It's a hard system to get out of if you enjoy itEdited by: bugbabe34

1 - 7 of 7 Posts