Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I know how to reset the long term info on the maps and more but it's resetting it's self randomly

My trip computer on the dash is currently reading 1236mls but the M&M long term is showing 512mls

I know that to reset the M&M long term you have to press and hold the trip computer button for 5 secs which also resets the trip so how can these 2 computers be backwards i.e. the M&M could never be less than the trip ( the trip can be reset on this own by pressing for a second )

I've attached pictures

Anyone else seen this ?

Edited by: BigladUK

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Mine seems to do the same. I have no idea what triggers it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
It is the setting. The maps and more resets the trip every time you park your car and turn it off. Have you checked that? I think you can change settings on it.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Almost right. Since start resets itself after the ignition has been off for two hours. Long term is supposed to be reset manually by holding the button down for five seconds. For some reason long term appears to be resetting itself on occasions. Don't know why.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Thanks for that. I always say RTFM but on this occasion I failed. Mystery solved.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So the long term resets after 20hrs or 2000miles. Makes sense I guess

Shame as I'd love to know the total MPG for my car over the 6k miles I've done

Thanks guys

Si

·
Registered
705 Posts
The only way to do that is to take a note of the figures each time you fill up and then calculate a running total in a spreadsheet. That's what I've done, with a few gaps.

Nick

·
Registered
37 Posts
+1 for road trip - I've been using it with my current car, and will continue to do so when my up arrives.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have the same issue with my M+M. I thought it may have been faulty. Mystery solved now!

I don't use M+M to monitor my fuel economy much anymore, as I've found the ol' tank brim test to be far more accurate.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts