Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm seriously considering buying a standard Take Up! model from my local dealership. I've researched how best to negotiate the best possible price, but can I just survey people who have already purchased one. This'll be my first car purchase, and I don't want to pay any more than I have to for a base-rate model. I'm looking for the £8,100 version (with the £300 servicing pack as well). Would I be able to haggle down below, say, oh I don't know, £7.5k?

My research suggests that tomorrow is the best time to push for a lower price, as it's the end of the month and end of the financial quarter. How does this fact play out in the real world?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

·
Registered
430 Posts
There's an element of luck involved which depends on available stock, sales targets reached for month (or not reached) and your situation (cash or finance). If you happen to find a dealer who has one more car to sell this month, or 1 more finance package to nail there targets then your a winner. If they have already done well this month and achieved all targets you'll be lucky to get a set of mats thrown in! VW are not famous for discounting new cars so you've got your work cut out but good luck and let us know how you go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts