Up Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
Newbie here.
Today my husband noticed a loom of cables hanging down above the pedal, perhaps caught by his shoe. We can’t seem to see where it’s meant to go, but car seems to run ok. Anyone else noticed anything?
Can’t see any image in book of what the cables may be for. They have a black connector on the end.
Any help appreciated,
Thanks
Laura

·
Registered
138 Posts
The OBD diagnostic port is in that area. That is where external hardware gets plugged in so maybe what is hanging down is something that hasn't been removed (in error)? Was it in at the dealers recently?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah ok, that makes sense, it was joined into a cable that goes to two places already so I can see it could be a diagnostic cable. There was also a geotag thing that was hanging down too?

no not been anywhere, only got it on Dec
21st :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Ah ok, that makes sense, it was joined into a cable that goes to two places already so I can see it could be a diagnostic cable. There was also a geotag thing that was hanging down too?
There is a VW Data Plug that they used to give out (not sure if they still do) which goes into that port and you use it with a VW app. Maybe it's this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts