Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my hub cap appears loose. There is a little hole as though some instrument could be poked in there.. Ahem... Looks like I might need to take it off to put it back on properly... Any ideas my fellow uppers?

·
Registered
727 Posts
It may appear loose but if it's flush with the rim then it's on correctly. The little hole is for the small ring shaped instrument which comes with the spare tyre kit that is used to pull the hub cap off. If you feel it's not on correctly then remove it and try reseating it on the wheel. Do not push the hub cap on, I found if you just turn the hub cap ever so slightly while pushing it on it will literally pop onto the rim on its own.
Edited by: Collas

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. The others all seem flush and solid. This one is just a bit wobbly in comparison. I will have a play tmrw. Thank you

·
Registered
727 Posts
Good luck, hope all works out well with it. If not have your dealer look at it, maybe one of the splines on the back side of the hub cap is bent or broken.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Hi

What wheels have you got?

S

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
It may be that one of the cap clips is bent. you can take them off two wheels and compare... if the loose one is not right, then it should be replaced under warranty anyway

1 - 7 of 7 Posts