Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove down to Sandwich in East Kent yesterday, got to within about 1/2 a mile of our destination and M & M lost the satellites, just dumped us! It eventually retrieved them again once we had left the town about 2 miles behind us. No amount of going back through the menu seemed to work, several times the system told us that it could "see" 3 - 4 satellites but on the map screen, the satellite symbol was in red and the sat nav wouldn't work. This is only the second time this has happened in almost 12 months, but has anyone else come across this situation? Are there black spots where for some weird reason sat navs lose their signal?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not sure if there are black spots but on the M4 approaching the Severn bridge there are some signs which seem to imply that there may be sat nav reception issues.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Back in 2008 I found that the world ended at the top of the Hartside Summit.

Rather disconcerting.

Nick

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi i have the same problem with my sat nav in the seat mii.
it keeps loosing signal on a drive of around 45 minutes i will be lucky to have signal for a couple of minutes.,, having complain to the dealer for a couple of months and also to seat customer service with no luck. i wrote to the fiance company saying i was going to hand the car back.
within a couple of days i got a replacement unit......
now 6 months later this new unit is also doing the same thing... i can do a complete journey with no signal or a very limited signal.... i have checked the unit against my 2008 garmin unit and the garmin has signal with the seat unit having no signal- i have also videoed my journeys as proof.......

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry to point out the obvious but you can't have a black spot from space unless you can't see the sky and even then sat nav usually works near windows!
The signs with the satellite crossed out must surely be an instruction to ignore your sat nav?
Unless they've been turned off by the u.S. As part of their shutdown. (joke) Edited by: qixxiq

1 - 5 of 5 Posts