Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Mii at the beginning of the year and I think it's great, after test driving and having my heart set on the Citigo at the last minute I decided to look at the Mii and I'm glad I did. Has everything I need and it was so much less than the Citigo and the Up! Only problem I'm having is trying to find extra's such as seat covers (only ones i found were £40 on ebay!) and scuff strips for the doors if anyone knows where I could find any of these items it would be much appreciated

·
Registered
265 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
post a couple pics too

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much for your response bazves! I found out that my dad has actually got me those exact sill guards and i love them, think they will look good when they're fitted. Those seat covers are what i was looking for so I'm going to maybe see about getting some of those as well. Another question i had also was do you know if the Up rear mudflaps fit the Mii? I've already got front ones and was told they didn't make back ones that fit
. And do they make the door mouldings to stop people marking your doors in car parks etc..? Sorry i've got so many questions!
And I'll post some pics up when i've got my sill guards and hopefully rear mudflaps fitted

Edited by: SophhD

·
Registered
265 Posts
SophhD said:
Thanks so much for your response bazves! I found out that my dad has actually got me those exact sill guards and i love them, think they will look good when they're fitted. Those seat covers are what i was looking for so I'm going to maybe see about getting some of those as well. Another question i had also was do you know if the Up rear mudflaps fit the Mii? I've already got front ones and was told they didn't make back ones that fit
. And do they make the door mouldings to stop people marking your doors in car parks etc..? Sorry i've got so many questions!
And I'll post some pics up when i've got my sill guards and hopefully rear mudflaps fitted
Great on the sill guards (I have them too, need to get around to fitting them myself!) For mud flaps, I'm not 100% sure but I'd be surprised if they didn't. There's a good guide on the Citigo site about fitting them http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/253783-fitting-front-and-rear-mudflaps-to-your-citigo/. For door protectors, I don't think Skoda/Seat/VW make anything, but a good starting point would be going for a nose in Halfords, they do that kind of thing I'd imagine

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I saw that bit on the Citigo site and thought to myself I don't see why not but then I saw that some people had written that they didn't fit at all and that made me doubt it a bit but I guess I could only get them to try and if not I could return them I would imagine if I keep the box and stuff together! Thanks, I might try that and see if they have anything because I don't fancy getting a ding in any of the doors. Some nice person already keyed my drivers door the other night
luckily I've managed to polish it out so its not noticeable anymore!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have my brand new Mii for 7 days and I like it as im 6 foot 4 its so very comfortable Ive got the SE version. I got no car mats at all when I picked it up, should I have ? the mpg is good but not near the 70 it says in the handbook even though I driver very carefully in rural areas.

The worst thing about the car is the Techology console which clips on to the top of the dash board - its not fit for purpose often does not work at all, the actual locking system is crap over potholes and rough ground it pops out, its facing straight and so can not be seen clearly by the driver, rather than at an angle. Im thinking of getting rid of it on ebay and using my Iphone for sat Nav, even the dealer says the fitting is crap, but I cant refuse to accept it on just that,

I bought Autoglyn on ebay for £13 and saved a fortune on th. e quoted £250 dealer price. I washed and clayed it immediately I got it home, now polished and waxed looks good.

Ian

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Edited by: SophhD

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wrentham said:
I have my brand new Mii for 7 days and I like it as im 6 foot 4 its so very comfortable Ive got the SE version. I got no car mats at all when I picked it up, should I have ? the mpg is good but not near the 70 it says in the handbook even though I driver very carefully in rural areas.

The worst thing about the car is the Techology console which clips on to the top of the dash board - its not fit for purpose often does not work at all, the actual locking system is crap over potholes and rough ground it pops out, its facing straight and so can not be seen clearly by the driver, rather than at an angle. Im thinking of getting rid of it on ebay and using my Iphone for sat Nav, even the dealer says the fitting is crap, but I cant refuse to accept it on just that,

I bought Autoglyn on ebay for £13 and saved a fortune on th. e quoted £250 dealer price. I washed and clayed it immediately I got it home, now polished and waxed looks good.

Ian
Nice to see someone else on the forum with a Mii! I'm not sure on the car mat situation
mine came with all 4 mats and I didn't pay any extra for them as mine
came as a package. Maybe contact the dealer or read up on the spec as
I'm sure that would state if their included or not.

Sorry to hear about the problems you've had with the portable device
Personally I've never had any problems with mine, the docking part has
never come off or popped out when driving over potholes and the ball
part that it fixes to moves so you can have it facing you.

Was the £250 for the Supaguard? I've polished mine a couple of times since I got it and it comes up really nice

·
Registered
811 Posts
I've got an Up with Maps & More and had trouble locating it at first so like yours it tended to drop out. I figured out that there is a positive 'click' when it is properly located and since then it's been fine. I'd recommend persevering with it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
thanks I went to my local seat dealer they agreed that its badly engineered and had lots of complaints, its now on ebay for £10, rubbish kit, I've got a good holder for my iphone satnav that works. Everything on the mii is well engineered and functional but this add on tablet/screen was clearly an after thought

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wrentham said:
thanks I went to my local seat dealer they agreed that its badly engineered and had lots of complaints, its now on ebay for £10, rubbish kit, I've got a good holder for my iphone satnav that works. Everything on the mii is well engineered and functional but this add on tablet/screen was clearly an after thought
That's the first time I've heard of any problems with it. It's a shame that the dealer wasn't able to do anything about it.

The
car mats are listed in the accessories book as well, was looking into
rear mudflaps before and I saw them so I think they are an extra unless
the garage includes them for you.

·
Registered
261 Posts
SophhD - dont go for the mud flaps - not a good look really - check out the pics ( cant recall the post so search mudflaps maybe?)To paraphrase :- " does my rear look big in these" springs to mind lol
IMO Id spend the cash on summat else that will enhance yr Mii & not detract its/his/her good looks lol

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the tip Bob Up. After looking into the mudflaps there isnt actually anywhere to fix them to so they'd be pretty useless. I saw them on a Citigo and they did look quite big! Only problem without them tho is the back of my car always gets covered in crap lol

·
Registered
261 Posts
LOL SophhD - i reckon tho you wud still get a dirty rear even with flaps cos the air flow over the car body carries crap ... and on a straight backed car it sorta swirls behind so dirt accumulates & sticks on the hatch.Note saloon cars dont suffer as much with this cos the flow is more even over the body & is swept & left behind. Keep the cash for mud flaps aside and put it towards a good quality wax treatment & will keep yr rear looking good! We do appreciate looking at a nice rear :p :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Haha! Well I'm having the worst luck at the moment my car got keyed down the drivers door last week and now some charming person has hit the drivers wing and drove off!
there's red paint everywhere and a big dent in the wing I am not pleased! You have a very good point there bob up, I am looking into getting some wax for it been reading about this stuff I saw in autoexpress it was Armor All or something the shine kit?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Awww Nooo! you are the second member in recent days to have been keyed....hanging is too good for em!Hope you get Mii restored back to her former glory soon Sophh (

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Bah, this makes me sad :(
What colour is yours? I would certainly suggest Dodo Juice wax, which one just depends on the colour :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought a hidden camera that sits on dashboard and and at the back they cost £12 each on ebay its a camera hidden in a fountain pen and I have a large sticker that I leave on my dashboard "that reads Hidden Cameras will film you if you dent my car", do everytime I go to a supermarket carpark. it wont stop this crime but it might deter some

1 - 20 of 30 Posts