Up Owners Club banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Great choice of car. Love mine to bits. I’m waiting for my front tyres to wear out before replacing all corners with Michelins. However in the meantime, I found that dropping the PSI has made a huge different to general handling, grip and comfort.
Mods should be subtle and tasteful, if any at all. Get a detailer to do a quality ceramic coating too - for black this is essential if you want to keep it clean in between washes.
Thanks we are enjoying it, What Michelins are you going for? What did you drop the PSI to? I appreciate any of your input.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I would assume PS4's in a 205/40/17 come highly recommended I've not tried them personally yet but have Dunlop RT2's in the same size and they have been a brilliant all round tyre and slightly cheaper than the Michelin's

·
Registered
909 Posts
Thanks we are enjoying it, What Michelins are you going for? What did you drop the PSI to? I appreciate any of your input.
Drop the pressures to 30/30 or 30/28. Mine set at the latter and it makes a big difference.

Reactions: GtiUp2020

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a good read on here about PSIs and went for 30 up front and 28 on the back. It has made a notable difference for me. Again, after reading on here I think I will go for the Pilot Sport 4s with 205 width, up from 195 as standard.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Anyone actually bought PS4s recently? I had a look at 4 different places online earlier and they weren’t available in 205/40 17”.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Loads on Ebay, but they're all around £450 for 4. The usual suspects such as Black Circles, halfords seem to be all out of stock. Halfords Price is £108.99 each fitted

·
Registered
547 Posts
Michilin PS4 205/49/17 £96 for 4 from black circles fitted . Looks the best I could find .

21 - 29 of 29 Posts