Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.
Good news: Got my Up! White yesterday, and it's a fantastic little car.
Bad news: Just found a sodding great bolt in the rear passenger side tyre.
Fortunately the wheel itself seems to be OK, and I have an actual spare, not a kit.

How much can I expect to shell out for a new tyre?

Edited by: Doomy

·
Registered
811 Posts
That's my kinda luck.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Flippin heck! Take it back to dealers and say you didnt pay for a bolt in the tyre so why did it come with one haha check out black circles, they sell just tyres or tyres and fitting

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, took a look on Black Circles and there are a couple ofreputable independent garages in my area. Looks like this little mishap will cost me in the region of £90, if I have the new tyre fitted.
Edited by: Doomy

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Is it a new tyre jobby or just a puncture repair? Fingers crossed for the latter

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like the side wall of the tyre is damaged, so a full replacement would be in order...

·
Registered
261 Posts
If same tyres as my Up Black £90 fitted seems a good deal... circa £110 at VW ;)

·
Registered
462 Posts
That is a real shame can try the dealer but I don't think you will get much luck there as other had said try and get a tyre as cheap as poss

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
That's sad to here :(
I did however ding my car, within the first week of owning it, big scratch to the plastic on the rear arch.
I went to see my dealer and told him how gutted I was and they fixed it for free! Same day too!
Don't ask, don't get, give it a go! :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Can I join the bad luck club? Had my car a week and love it! However on the way home from the garage I noticed a splodge of bright yellow paint on the fabric just above the driver's door. Emailed a picture to salesman who said he has never seen anything like it but they would clean it off. Been to the dealer today and they can't get it off. They need to replace the whole roof liner! One is on its way over to the uk and they will have my car for two days next week for the work. Has anyone any experience of this sort of job being done? There are many contours on the roof and I am concerned that the finished job will look a bit botched. Can't complain about the garage so far who are very apologetic and handling it well, but surely this sort of thing is only usually done in the factory?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I'm pretty sure that can handle replacing a roof liner. Just don't accept the work until it's right, I'm pretty sure they'll sort it tho. Cars are like Lego these days!

·
Registered
957 Posts
13REGUPOWNER said:
Can I join the bad luck club? Had my car a week and love it! However on the way home from the garage I noticed a splodge of bright yellow paint on the fabric just above the driver's door. Emailed a picture to salesman who said he has never seen anything like it but they would clean it off. Been to the dealer today and they can't get it off. They need to replace the whole roof liner! One is on its way over to the uk and they will have my car for two days next week for the work. Has anyone any experience of this sort of job being done? There are many contours on the roof and I am concerned that the finished job will look a bit botched. Can't complain about the garage so far who are very apologetic and handling it well, but surely this sort of thing is only usually done in the factory?
Roof linings tend to be one piece I don't think you will be able to tell it's been replaced when you pick it up.
Some years ago I had a leaking Rover Metro and had several new roof linings......... don't worry.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Necroposting GO! Sorry, admins.

Was it really as long ago as April? Since that incident, in which I went with a trusted local garage and got a like-for-like replacement for £80 I've driven some 3,000 miles in my plucky little Up! without issue and I love it to bits. It's the first spanking new car I've ever had and I'm happy I didn't spend the same money on a more expensive to run used motor.

That mileage may seem low but I don't need to drive every day. I didn't own a car at all for six or seven years so every one of those miles represents a certain degree of rediscovered freedom. I'd wondered if the Up! would cut it on motorways (where I've done the bulk of my driving) but it's been a little trooper throughout. In fact I've been known to give my Up! an affectionate pat after an enjoyable drive, I've never done that with any other car I've owned.

My little Up! truly is my pride and joy.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Remarkable cars. Adjusted for inflation, it's probably the cheapest car i have owned and yet when i look at it i feel so happy to have it. No other car has made me feel like that.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I can only agree. Here Here !!

Go well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts