Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody who knows this car or are a bit of a wheel god tell me the setup this person is running? I.e what wheels they are and if you know the car if spacers, wheel et and width.

I know they are bbs RS reps in 17/18" But can't find anything like them online anywhere.

I'm looking for alloys for mine at the moment and this is exactly what I was looking for.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Or these - they are BK 299 (matt black spokes with polishes rims). I had them on a Mini Cooper S and wife's current Aygo. They look the Biz when new but are an absolute bugger to keep clean (almost impossible), and the polished rim fades very quickly. You have to keep polishing with a metal polish. They cost me £60 each last year. OK for little used cars but my advise is to go for an all black gloss finish (I think they do do them in that finish as well).
For some reason my link is not highlighted so you will need to copy/paste into search box.

http://www.wheelbasealloys.com/16_Inch_BK_299_Black_Alloy_Wheels__633

Edited by: Truth-seeker

·
Registered
592 Posts
Thanks to Davec86 for correcting my link.

The one in the OP's Photo will more than likely be the real deal BBS.

I was just stating that there are plenty of copy BBS for a lot less money, and the OP may want something a bit cheaper than BBS split rims, and the BK 299 are a good substitute.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
As for cheaper BBS split reps, the Lenso BSX version aren't too bad.
Getting all too common though now, I'd quite like to find something a little rarer for mine :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the reply, I did know they were bbs RS style wheels but wasn't sure if they are real or reps. Was hoping for the later as they will be going on my daily driven up but only in the warmer months. Lol

So are we agreed they are 17's just that they fill the arches really well. And the car wouldn't have to be stupidly low like my old mk1 to look good. Will probably go for some Calibre bbs rep wheels and have to space them to get the et I require to sit flush with the arches.

·
Registered
127 Posts
If you buy the 17x8 calibre s then you'll need spacers to clear the front calipers, say 3-5mm.. Then space the rears however you like

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi mate I have lenso deep dish rims and my one touch the caliper as well but my rims are 15 inch would 5mm spacer clear the caliper on my up ?????

1 - 13 of 13 Posts