Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my high up 2016 model has 15 alloys and I think I need a lowering kit but not sure how much I don't want slammed just close the gap down . I know with springs you can only go so low before you need upgrade on the shocks.

On my VW polo 91 GT coupe I have a 60/40 drop with h+r shock and spring kit and that's about the limit for that car for me. This kit was installed by me so I have a basic knowledge .

So basically what have you had or used ? advice is most welcome.

·
Registered
515 Posts

·
Banned
645 Posts
I am not sure if they make them for the Vw Up range, but the best springs for quality and lowering distance, are manufactured by the German Company Vogtland.
When i had my Fiat Abarth, there were quite a few different manufacturers making springs for the car, Eibach, H&R, Koni, Bilstein, Novitec, Spax, Neuspeed, and Vogtland.

I chose Vogtland because they were used by the majority of German car manufacturers, so the quality was good, and they were keenly priced, at £125 a set of four.

Very impressive quality, and blimey did they lower the car.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all I'm not after a mega drop just mild. So I think 30-35 max. I keep searching.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I Have H&R springs waiting to be fitted, hopefully this week. I will try and feedback about what they're like if I get round to getting them fitted this week

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes that be fab what drop you gone for ? Can you take a before and after photo please?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Do not buy H&R springs if you are going to use your standard suspension, your car will bounce more than a pogo stick as you'll need to uprate your dampers to suit.

I put them on the GTI i had which is supposed to have uprated suspension (yeah, right) and it lowered it perfectly but made the car more bouncier than Tigger at the front and harsh at the rear. If you're going to combine them with say Bilstein dampers then you'll find them fine but still hard.

Personally speaking i'd look at Eibach or Vogtland for springs.

·
Banned
645 Posts
Thumbs up for the Vogtlands, as their usually sold at a keener price than the Eibachs or H&Rs.
I used Vogtlands when lowering my Abarth 695, and blimey did they lower the car, but the suspension felt well composed, and with the added Koni Fsd absorbers, i could take corners at simply insane speeds, and the car was glued to the road like a limpet.

Very Very impressed with the quality of the Vogtlands, and their manufactured in Germany.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think I'm gonna order some B8 front shocks before getting the springs fitted then I think..

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I think I'm gonna order some B8 front shocks before getting the springs fitted then I think..
Definitely a good choice, the B8 are excellent at controlling the movement.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts