Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I posted on here a while ago, welcoming myself. Well I haven't really been too busy on the modification side of things but so far I've done a few things.

- UpOwnersClub stickers on my rear windows
- DRL's changed to white
- Philips ultra vision bright white headlight bulbs
- Numberplate bulb changed to a white LED
- Interior bulb changed to a white LED
- Removed the rear badges ( both Volkswagen & Up!)
- Removed the rear wiper and got a glass bung
- Got the roof and rear valance wrapped piano black

At the moment, I believe that's all that's been done.

Next on my list will be

- Weitec hi-con coilovers
- Drums and calipers done in black (not feeling the white)
- Philips silvervision indicator bulbs
- White LED bulbs for the reverse lights

Eventually I'll get some different wheels for it, possibly some Cades? I do like my 17" diamond cuts thought.

I'll add some photos soon, my picture files are too big to upload, so when I get around to it I'll upload them.

-Luke

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the same Car and I'm looking at doing the same sort of thing with the wrapping but adding a spoiler and rear diffuser I found for the up in Germany also wrapped in the black not going to lower it though as I do too many miles to let up on the comfort!

Id deffo like to see pictures especially off the roof!

Zach,

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tomorrow I'll have to get around to adjusting the size of the photos, everyone's been commenting how cool it looks though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

This is how the roof looks guys.

With my dads Audi

And again.

Now I've got to grips with photo bucket, I'll be uploading more photos soon guys, bare with me.
Edited by: LukeJohnWhetton

·
Registered
34 Posts
Great looking car Luke.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm so happy I went for the orange instead of the pearlescent white. Don't get me wrong the white is an absolutely lovely colour, but the orange just goes so nicely with the little black accents.

·
Registered
8 Posts
ah it does look good! I'm putting a spoiler and rear diffuser on mine and yeh the black wrap looks good, I got the panoramic roof so it will just finish that off I also recently have made some mods. I put red footwell lighting in changed to LED DRLs and put some nightbreakers in the headlights. and also got some stickers on it I will try get pics on a new thread I will make!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll keep an eye out for your thread mate. I didn't get the L.E.D DRL's because I hurd bad things about them, I got some white I from RTec. They where 10 pounds for 1 bulb, but the white is so bright. Don't understand why Volkswagen decided to put yellow day time running lights on them? I also got her plugged into VagCom and got auto locking turned on. I didn't want anything else, I'm not sure if you can have needle sweep on an up?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just looked for you now mate, I don't think they sell them any more, however they're blue bulbs but shine bright white. When I get home next week I'll have to find what make they are ect.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeh I want to get it remapped with the intention of exhaust and induction kits going on to make her almost worthy of that GT badge :p notice much difference on the up though?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To be honest, I'm not touching the performance side of things, I like the MPG I get. Will Volkswagen actually release the 1.0l turbo 100ps Up! GT?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Nope...what is the point...

Go well.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I put white LEDs in my numberplate and my interior bulb (but it flickers). Decided against LEDs for my DRL's because hearing alot of negativity about them.

·
Registered
333 Posts
LukeJohnWhetton

Hi .just looking at your lovely car nice colour.definitely different from the normal colours.
You mentioned changing your alloys.if you decide to change them I would be very interested
In buying them of you.just let me know.thanks
Phill.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts