Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I turn on the engine, I can always, very faintly, hear M&M playing random flac files from my mobile phone. I've paired them over bluetooth earlier so I am aware that they can talk to each other and I do want that (much easier to answer mobile phone), but why does it play music without being told to?

To clarify, the radio is off! Additionally, I've discovered a procedure to turn off ghost playing: turn radio on, turn radio off, then when it pretends to be off (because it obviously isn't) press 'radio' button to select radio as audio source. That finally makes it silent. Weird...

Did I miss a setting somewhere that does this? I have to admit I haven't read the manual for the radio yet. Or could it be something with my mobile phone? As far as I know, it's not set to do anything so advanced automatically, but I might be wrong.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Where's the music coming from? Sounds a silly question, but is it from the car speakers or from the M&M unit? Is it properly, securely connected?

·
Registered
727 Posts
ptae2000e said:
When I turn on the engine, I can always, very faintly, hear M&M playing random flac files from my mobile phone. I've paired them over bluetooth earlier so I am aware that they can talk to each other and I do want that (much easier to answer mobile phone), but why does it play music without being told to?

M&M doesn't select music from your mobile phone to play rather your phone is sending music to M&M to be heard. M&M isn't the problem, your mobile phone is.

·
Registered
84 Posts
There is a setting for autoplaying music from the phone when connecting the phone with bluetooth. Don't know if this will solve your issue, but you could try to turn this off if it's on.

I have another problem, that's similar.
When I use navigation, everytime it speaks out the directions the flac files on the SD-card play for the duration of the directions beeing spoken (faintly in the background, aka. "ghost playing"). Then the flac pauses (I know this, because it does not go on to the next song even after 20-30 minutes with navigation on). It just plays the next 6-15 seconds of the song in the background each time the directions are spoken by the navigation.

Maybe it can be solved by updating the units? I will try and get back to you.

Edited by: stratcast

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've googled a bit yesterday and this morning tested one of recommended solutions - it works! The problem seems to be actually quite common. There is indeed a setting in (Android) phones to play music automatically when it detects that it is just paired with another device that supports audio streaming. Nobody knows how to turn it off, though

The solution is to install 'Media Button Router' application from Google Play store. It will pop-up whenever phone is bluetooth-paired and ask which app you want to launch to play music. Just don't select anything and let it time out. Enjoy the silence

1 - 5 of 5 Posts