Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is an old problem but I'm new to the forum BUT any help please, my M& M will not charge through the car and the advice from the garage is to charge through my PC with a USB. All well and good while I'm near home and PC but what do I do if I am travelling, on holiday etc? Love love love my UP White but very disillusioned with M &M. Having to remove it after every journey is a total pain so I just don't use it except for long journeys.

·
Registered
705 Posts
First thing to try is to see if the stalk to which it's mounted on the dash is securely in place as this has caused any number of strange problems.

Nick

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
As above, but if that isn't the case, definitely go as damp your feet. That's not an acceptable fix on a brand new, warrantied car. They need to fix it is it's broken.

·
Registered
176 Posts
If it was me I'd be straight back to the dealer. Sounds to me like they are trying to fob you off by saying to charge through the pc.

If it wont charge when on its stalk in the car then there is a fault. Back to your dealer under warranty.

·
Registered
187 Posts
i also think it needs to go back to the dealer under warranty - its unacceptable for them to fob you off and dont let them - they need to fix it it is there responsibility and you should not be having this problem with your new car - i thinkeither the dash connectors are faulty or there is a problem with the M &M problem itself - hope all goes well.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Thats disgusting advice (from the dealer not our other uppers lol) ask to try your unit in another up! Maybe try your stalk as well and see if it charges if it works try another unit in your up! To determin if its your connectors!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all SO much................I was beginning to think that I was the idiot!

So glad I joined this forum.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yep I'd tell the dealer where he can stick his USB PC charger with that kind of answer :)

Anyhow if they have to order the piece and your desperate cuz you've got some journey planned you can put a cigarette lighter/USB adapter and attach the same wire you use with the PC in the meantime.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts