Up Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked the car up Monday and been getting to grips with M&M since. So today decided to install Navigon fresh and update. Software update, no problem. Maps Q3 updated no problem. Now come to turn the thing on and it won't boot up. Screens 'lights up' but nothing displayed. A soft reset does nothing, and a hard reset just turns the thing off, and when I turn it on again same thing happens.

I called Navigon support and after a bit of back and forth the general consensus seems to be that it was a repair or replace issue


Will call the dealer in the morning and politely request a new device I think. Not in the best of moods since I was already in there this morning complaining about the paint work!

Grrr, anyone else had similar problems with M&M?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ashleytp said:
Oh no that doesnt sound good. What up with the paint?

After inspecting the paint with a sun gun my guess would be poor washing technique by the dealers, since the car is covered with swirls. Can be corrected, but at a cost. They acknowledged the problem this morning when I took the car in, so will be interesting to see the response.

Dropping in tomorrow to see what they make of M&M issue
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
Sorry to hear of that, paint swirls are really noticable on red cars. My wifes Pug is covered in them, and yes its the dealers bad washing of them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
523 Posts
bazves said:
Ashleytp said:
Oh no that doesnt sound good. What up with the paint?

After inspecting the paint with a sun gun my guess would be poor washing technique by the dealers, since the car is covered with swirls.  Can be corrected, but at a cost.  They acknowledged the problem this morning when I took the car in, so will be interesting to see the response.

Dropping in tomorrow to see what they make of M&M issue
I wouldn't let them correct it either! Will be hologram city, ask for a local detailer. Mine had slight swirl marks, I knew It would- it wasn't enough for me to jump p and down. I won't be using the free wash club from them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got back from the dealer. Cant really fault the dealer, just took the box, mount and unit and promised to resolve, either by repair or replacement (depending on what Seat want them to do). Annoying to be without it, but like all things electrical sometimes these things just happen.

Still waiting to hear re the paint issue. Since I already have a trusted detailer to do the correction for me, I'll be hoping for some form of compensation.

I think the sad fact is that most if not all new cars roll out of dealers with swirl marks, its just most people (or as my GF would say 'normal people'
) are not even aware or bothered by them
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,862 Posts
I agree... As long as the paint looks good then fine... Il probably ruin it wihilst cleaning too...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update - similar to others that have had M&M issues, the dealer wants to the car to be plugged in to the diagnostics, so its going in on Wednesday. Since the error with M&M occurred when it was off the car I'm not sure what this will achieve, but they have been told by Seat that this is the process that needs to be followed.

Once they discover that there is nothing wrong with the car Im hoping that a replacement will be forthcoming.

Regarding the paint work issue, they have offered a correction polish. I've rejected this however since I can't trust them to do a decent job. I suggested that they provide an alternative form of compensation
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
367 Posts
bazves said:
Update - similar to others that have had M&M issues, the dealer wants to the car to be plugged in to the diagnostics, so its going in on Wednesday. Since the error with M&M occurred when it was off the car I'm not sure what this will achieve, but they have been told by Seat that this is the process that needs to be followed.

Once they discover that there is nothing wrong with the car Im hoping that a replacement will be forthcoming.

Regarding the paint work issue, they have offered a correction polish. I've rejected this however since I can't trust them to do a decent job. I suggested that they provide an alternative form of compensation

Our M&M died - was a bit of hassle but they eventually replaced the faulty unit.

Our dealer wanted to plug it into the diagnostics but said he did not have a clue if it would tell him anything or not!!!

He showed us the VW Tech' Bulletin for the M&M and it was laughable really. Check stalk connection - check unit inserted correctly into stalk - carry out hard reset following full charge - replace unit!

In short VW have bought a Navigon unit, bastardised it and stuck it into the cars. They don't really have a clue what to do when a unit is at fault.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dropped the car off this morning to be checked out. The service staff were pretty good and I now have a Leon FR to pootle around in (which to me at least, feels bloody quick!). I hoping that we can quickly get over this hurdle and I can just get a new PID
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Had a call back from the Garage, the result of their investigations was to give me a new PID based on the other one having, as they put it, an internal failure. I can only assume they have another ready to replace mine
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Help ! My M and M has packed up on me. Just a blank screen, whether plugged in to the car or taken out. I have made sure it is charged up and have tried resetting, as shown in the trouble shooting section of manual. Don't want the hassle of taking it back to the dealers if I can help it

Any advice would be much appreciated
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
705 Posts
Well if you don't take it back, then it will never work.

Nick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
John said:
Help ! My M and M has packed up on me. Just a blank screen, whether plugged in to the car or taken out. I have made sure it is charged up and have tried resetting, as shown in the trouble shooting section of manual. Don't want the hassle of taking it back to the dealers if I can help it

Any advice would be much appreciated
That sounds like exactly what mine did. I'm also guessing that if you connect it to the PC, you cant see it as an external drive? I think you only course of action is to go back to the dealer tbh.

You could try contacting Navigon directly (like I did). Their resolution was to send the Unit back to them, which, for me at least was more hassle than taking it back to the dealer
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top