Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

New owner of Groove UP! Having a few niggles with M&M set up. First, is there any way to see current MP3 song title while in Maps/Navigation mode? If not, what is the easiest way to toggle between maps and media - I like to play on random from large SD card library and often don't recognise the song playing. Also, is there no way to zoom in and out of a map view while navigating - it seems quite "zoomed in" to me even on the wider setting.

Cheers

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hello there, I can help you with these as I'm a new owner also and have been playing with the unit and delving into the manual and the settings quite a lot the past couple of days!

No display of music info on nav screen, so quickest way to go from nav to media is just the home button at bottom of nav screen (four squares), then onto 'media' and vice versa. Steering wheel controls would be the normal way to do this I guess and it's one of those minor annoyances that we endure for the Up!

As for zooming the map in and out, there IS a setting to do that via the options at the bottom ofthe main navigation screen:

So, OPTIONS-->GENERAL-->SETTINGS-->MAP DISPLAY-->[GO TO PAGE 2 OF 2]-->ZOOM FACTOR.

Default here is 'Standard'. Other choices are 'Smaller map section' (zoomed in even closer), or 'Larger map section' which pans out to show more of the route ahead which is hopefully is the one you want.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Upman. You basically got to the same place I did - going through the convoluted keystrokes to toggle between map screen and media screen and vice versa is quite longwinded (and dare I say dangerous when driving). I wish there was a way to at least mirror the song title to the radio display which is just sitting there showing "M&M source" or something similar when it could be doing something useful! Perhaps there is way we could suggest this for a software update? The zoom factor is also pretty limited - I am used to an old Merc where even 10 years ago this was a standard feature which quickly allowed you to check for upcoming TMC hold-ups and route changes easily. Oh well...Edited by: caveman

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yes, don't think I'll be playing with the media much when using the nav and especially with the screen being resistive and sometimes lagging slightly after touching as well. Think when nav is on its a case of finding an album or playlist folder you know you like all of, so theres not the temptation to start faffing around with the screen. Agree that the way the options are structured is not the most straightforward either.

I do love the maps and more, but I'm a bit of a gadget guy and I can see the many cost cutting elements of the hardware and software too often!
Edited by: upmancotswolds

1 - 4 of 4 Posts