Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The M&M has a folder callesd "ChangeStartupScreens.
This folder has subfolders for the different cars (VW, Skoda, Seat - see readme.txt there).

The StartupScreen is the screen before "the continents appear" ...
This screen can not be seen after standby mode but only after the M&M was really off.

I FIRST coppied the folder "0" (for VW up!s) and called the coppied folder "0 original".
So, I can set back everything if I want to ...

Then I edited the "wallpaper.bmp" in folder "0" in a draw/paint program ...
As I can't attach the bmp here, I made a png which shows how my "wallpaper.bmp" looks now.

I only added texts / graphics to the original bmp. The reason is that then, my text "fanishes" and is replaced by the continents while the VW-logo and "WELCOME TO VOLKSWAGEN" stay at their place ...

If I put on my M&M now (after it was really off), this is my individual startup screen ...

Maybe someone else likes to make his individual startup screen?

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
nice one, now does someone who can work these things want to do an owners club one??

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Privatedoc,

I designed two new screens ...

Id didn't use the original logo because I don't have it vectorized ...
I made the silhouette using a VW image of the up! ...
And I also used my selfmade up! alphabet ...

I am no native speaker. If you don't say "up!most delight", please let me know a better expression and I will change it.

I can't attach the BMPs. So I attached my images as PNGs. You have to convert them into BMP to use them on your M&M!

Please don't forget to rename / copy your original logo!!!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Blackpuppy,

I made the silhouette my own ...
I fist took the "owners club logo" and put it onto a layer of my CorelDraw X3.
I made a new layer and locked the layer with the "owners club logo".
I draw one line, then defined curves and straights in this line to get the silhouette.

After this I took the side-face image of an up! from the VW website and put it onto the same layer as the "owners club logo". I duplicated my first try andlayed it over the VW image, then corrected the line ...

I have been working with CorelDraw since 15 years and use it in my job (creating websites, brochures etc. for the company I work in). So I have a lot of practise and this is just "peanuts". I only takes some time ...
I created vector graphics of all Roland amplifiers from 1970-2012. This took me hundreds of hours and sometimes was complicated ...

So, by "do-it-yourself" ...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Cadfael said:
I am no native speaker. If you don't say "up!most delight", please let me know a better expression and I will change it.

We would say "utmost delight", but "upmost delight" works as a clever play on words...

I've been inspired to change my own...

Only 20 minutes work, but it'll do for now!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts