Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, would someone out there be kind enough to post a picture of the little white label on the underside of their Navigon branded Maps & More Sat Nav mounting arm. I bought myself the updated Garmin version from eBay but fear the mounting arms could be wired differently leading to a major malfunction to my Garmin unit. I've managed to mix up the mounting arms between the Navigon branded unit and the Garmin one. Which is which?

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Have they really changed the pin config?......easy enough to check with a multimeter.

·
Registered
77 Posts
You did ask for someone with a Navigon unit to post a photo...

Yes, it is a Navigon unit.

P.S. Don't forget the Thanks button

Edited by: christgill

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi christgill, thanks so much. I've hit the thanks button, you learn something new every day, it's the first time I've ever seen that.

Hi privatedoc, thanks for your reply. I hope they haven't changed the pin config, I tested for continuity with my multimeter but got too lost as thre are multiple pins linked to others and vice versa. I have put the catastrophic failure of my Garmin unit down to using the wrong mounting arm. I should imagine the newer Garmin unit is compatible with cars supplied with the Navigon one, but I could be wrong.

Just off topic for the moment. The RMT200 is not compatible with Maps & More and I am in dispute with my dealer and VW UK regarding a catalogue of errors and miss information.

·
Super Moderator
1,051 Posts
All of the arms in the posted pictures have the same part number. I'm 99% sure that there is only one part number for the arm, but I'll check at work tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
1,051 Posts
I have searched through ETKA at work and all years of Up!, including the E-Up! use the same mounting arm 1S0 035 936 A

Garmin and Navigon are the same company, so it really shouldn't matter which arm you use
Edited by: lupogtiboy

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi lupogtiboy, you're an absolute star. Thank you so much for putting me at ease. My catastrophic Garmin crash must just have been a software glitch. I love this forum but every time I'm mention it at my local dealers they sl*g it off to **** telling me I'd be better off not trusting anything I read off here. Bollocks to them, this is a very important means of communication between owners and enthusiasts. Thanks again all who got involved in this topic and at last it can be put to bed. Thanks again lupogtiboy, I've hit your thanks button too whatever that does. Cheers all, Jon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts