Up Owners Club banner

M+M no voice support for navigation

5K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Cadfael 
#1 ·
HI there all, I am new user of great car but have problem with sat nav inasmuch that visual display of direction is fine but now have no verbal support from unit. have tried all options but no luck. anyone with any ideas - any offers appreciated but would like response in easy to understand terms - getting old you see.

#5 ·
Hmmmm its only happened once to me, but it was so sunny and hot shinning through the front windscreen it was boiling my maps and more lol but I doubt thats the case!! Does it make sounds when not plugged in?

#6 ·
many thanks to all of you who have responded, have trie3d all suggestions to no avail, dealer suggests to return vehicle for service people to check unit and connections. bit frustrating as car only 4 weeks old. will let you all know if I get resolution and what was the problem - once again thanks to you all

#7 ·
I was going to ask just that question. Took delivery on 1st November. I get plenty volume when the unit is out of the car - but in the car the M&M voice is almost inaudible. When the voice instructions begin the radio volume drops and then rises after the direction instructions.
Instruction manual refers to an illustration 'at the beginning of the chapter' but have yet to find the illustration it is referring to.

#10 ·
ospreywatcher said:
Tried turning volume up - but then radio is deafening. Also prefer to concentrate on the road and not playing with the volume controls - chicken that I am.
You were increasing the volume as the Navigation was talking ? That should set the volume for the nav guidance, then it reverts back to the radio/media volume setting when the instruction has finished :)

#13 ·
There is something wrong with your set up guys. I don't need to have the radio on for the sat nav sound to come out of the speakers.

#14 ·
Hi Abiabarth,

MIGHT be your radio ...

My M&M aslo didn't work with the radio at first ...

Get your radio manual!

First have a look if you see the "NAV" when you click the "MEDIA" button.
If not, add it (as "ON" in the radio menu).

If it is on ...
Search yourself a quiet area. Industrial area Friday afternoon or Saturday? Program a nav and always drive "wrong", so that the nice lady in the nav gives you advice at every corner ...
While or short after she speaks, you can dial the volume knob at your radio and the nav voice gets louder! After a few seconds, the volume function belongs to the radio again ...

You can also select/adjust how quiet the radio (music) shall get, while the lady in the nav is speaking to you.

A first adjustment should be made in a quiet area with no other traffic.
After you know what to do, you can adjust it anywhere.

#15 ·
Thanks Ospreywatcher - you are right the radio or other media must be switched on before using nav or phone before the sound will work. Incidentally my husband has an Audi and his radio automatically switches on when the ignition is turned which presumably achieves the same result by default.

#16 ·
Abiabarth said:
Thanks Ospreywatcher - you are right the radio or other media must be switched on before using nav or phone before the sound will work ...
I agree with Beevee ...
No ...

You need to setup the radio right (as I described before) ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.