Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Uppers - what is the sound quality of your M&M when using the handsfree facility?As far as Im concerned the caller is really clear and I can understand every word yet they say things like
"its really noisy, I can hardly hear you...." Would be interested to hear if anyone else had had complaints and does anyone know where the mic is situated.. Im presuming in the dash by the M&M mount?? which would sort of explain the muffled voice but noisy background that the caller receives if its buried in there somewhere? Doubt if it can be improved if this is the case but maybe a member has a solution?
Ta in advance :)

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hi Bob. How's tricks? I haven't had any complaints at all about the sound quality during any phone calls, well not that I've been made aware of. From memory the microphone is on the right hand side of the M+M unit next on the front face, half way up.

2.2 Description of the navigation device
1 Touch-screen
2 On/Off
3 Microphone
4 Slot for microSD memory card
5 Mini USB socket for USB cable / mains adapter
6 Reset
7 LED
Sorry can't seem to copy and paste the image from Adobe, but it's on there.
Matt

·
Registered
393 Posts
Sorry Bob. I forgot to mention that the info you require is on page 10 of the M+M user manual.
I hope this helps.
Matt

·
Registered
727 Posts
M4796P said:
I forgot to mention that the info you require is on page 10 of the M+M user manual.

Which can be found here--> Maps & More

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers guys :) if mic is integral then theres not much that can be done to improve the sound to the caller... every time its happened Ive been on dual carriage way/Mway so not feasible to stop/pull over & continue the call - Im thinking that its maybe background/road noise that the caller can hear.... will experiment.. to be continued

·
Registered
397 Posts
I've come to the conclusion that sound quality depends on several factors at the time the call is made. One daughter often rings us, always 'out and about' via her Bluetooth (it's a Fiat car). Sometimes the quality our end (at home) is very good and sometimes it very poor. Our other daughter rings via her hand-held phone (as a passenger, husband driving, children in the back) and sometimes sound quality is excellent, other times hard to hear!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hi Bob. Maybe mine sounds ok because I've put sound proofing under the rear seats, around the boot, and on the under side of the spare wheel well mat. It seems to make a difference.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I have the same issue. I have never listened to my own bluetooth but my wife reports that sometimes it's fine and sometimes I sound like a dalek in a dustbin.

It always sounds fine from my end.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Allybasher said:
I have the same issue. I have never listened to my own bluetooth but my wife reports that sometimes it's fine and sometimes I sound like a dalek in a dustbin. 

It always sounds fine from my end. 
Dalek in a dustbin

Our was like that tonight! it is when I was on my car kit and she as too both going motorway speeds

·
Registered
393 Posts
I usually sound like a brummie! LOL

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yes, I find the same. I can hear the other party just fine but they're always complaining about not being able to hear me.

·
Registered
811 Posts
To be fair to M&M, I had the same issue in my last two cars, a Ford and a BMW. I've not found a perfect system yet.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Is it not the fault of the phone, rather than the M + M? It's bad enough getting a good signal when standing still, so how can a moving vehicle be expected to latch onto a strong signal when it is in motion, passing through different cells, being blocked by buildings, finding black spots, etc?

Nick

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mine works fine,whilst sat on the M42 for 2 hours in a traffic jam I was chatting to my dad who is deaf in one ear and hard of hearing in the other and I didn't have to repeat myself once, which I do frequently when I call straight from my phone.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm glad I'm not the only one to have problems with hands-free sound quality. I continually get complaints from people that they can't hear what I'm saying, but when I took the car back to my dealer to get them to check it, they said it was working fine. I suspect that they didn't try it out when the car was moving! Compared to many other cars with built-in hands-free, the Up sound quality is appalling.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Absolutely nothing. It's just that I am one, that's all. LOL

Matt

1 - 20 of 25 Posts