Up Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a mico SD card with a folder per album and i like to play it on shuffle at the highest level meaning that it will jump in and out of albums of completely different artists. However, when I turn the ignition off and i haven't even removed the M&M, on re-starting the car, the M&M plays the last song it was on - but from the beginning - and then proceeds to play the rest of that album in chronolgical song order. To go back to shuffle, i have to step back up through the hierarchy so it shows all artists and then change sequential play to shuffle. Is there any way to make it continue playing randomly exactly as it was doing before I switched it off?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just found that M&M only displays artwork when it has been saved within the mp3 file in iTunes. Half my iTunes music is in m4a format and although you can save artwork to these files, M&M won't display it. Currently re-loading all my m4a files as mp3s to iTunes. Lucky i have all the CDs to hand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
252 Posts
Most of my music is iTunes purchased music so I have to stick with the m4a format.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you right click on an album it gives you the opportunity to convert to mp3. I don't know how much - if any - quality is lost tho. Hopefully a forum music technology geek can advise us!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
AlanG said:
I have a mico SD card with a folder per album and i like to play it on shuffle at the highest level meaning that it will jump in and out of albums of completely different artists. However, when I turn the ignition off and i haven't even removed the M&M, on re-starting the car, the M&M plays the last song it was on - but from the beginning - and then proceeds to play the rest of that album in chronolgical song order. To go back to shuffle, i have to step back up through the hierarchy so it shows all artists and then change sequential play to shuffle. Is there any way to make it continue playing randomly exactly as it was doing before I switched it off?
Have you found any solution to this?
I noticed this immediately after getting Maps & More yesterday.
Have updated the Garmin unit since last using M&M in anger, so not sure if the latest update changed anything?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
Will just have to get into the habit of selecting shuffle when I get in the car then..
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,147 Posts
My solution is to keep a big folder called music with 500 odd tracks in it.....once it has churned round that , I've forgotton the first ones!....helps having a big sd card...I use a 32Gb one
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, i have a 32GB card too. Someone on the forum once suggested that larger capacity SD cards don't work, so rather than take the risk, I bought a 32GB card and i've only managed to quarter fill it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,147 Posts
Thats correct Alan, 32 Gb is the limit for the navigon ones....can't speak for the garmin-branded M7M though
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Privatedoc said:
Thats correct Alan, 32 Gb is the limit for the navigon ones....can't speak for the garmin-branded  M7M though
Is it the case that memory beyond 32GB can't be accessed on larger capacity SD cards - or does the whole SD card not work - rendering it completely unusable?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,147 Posts
I've a 64gb card and it just crashes the system when you select media....of course other makes might not but mine is a pukka sandisk extreme (now doing sterling work in the dash-cam)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
252 Posts
AlanG said:
If you right click on an album it gives you the opportunity to convert to mp3. I don't know how much - if any - quality is lost tho. Hopefully a forum music technology geek can advise us!






Sorry for the late reply (not been on the forum much recently), if you do the mp3 conversion does each track then get a copy of the album artwork?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mii al said:
AlanG said:
If you right click on an album it gives you the opportunity to convert to mp3. I don't know how much - if any - quality is lost tho. Hopefully a forum music technology geek can advise us!




Sorry for the late reply (not been on the forum much recently), if you do the mp3 conversion does each track then get a copy of the album artwork?
Although iTunes allows you to imbed cover art in both the mp3 and m4a files, for some reason, M&M will only display the cover art that is embedded in mp3 files. Note that seeing the cover art when you have iTunes in display album view does not necessarily mean you have the album art embedded in your mp3 file. To check, use Windows Explorer to locate your mp3 files and click once on the mp3 file you're interested in. If you have embedded cover art for that song, then Windows Explorer will display it on the right hand side.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
252 Posts
Alan

Thanks for the info. My iTunes is on a iMac not a PC so not sure if the same info will be displayed on Finder.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top