Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,I'm a new Eco Up! CNG version owner :)
Excuse my english, I'm not used to write in english anymore :((
After a couple of days I've got the FIRST problem: my Navigon M&M is now unusable because the touch screen: the first time the only responsive part was at bottom left (Quit soft key)...I don't know how but I restored everything after same minutes, using the reset hard key and unplugging the usb cable..
Yesterday, while I was using the navigator in my car, suddently I was not able to use the screen anymore, and I've no idea how to fix it...
Should I have a free replacement?
Or is it a tipical M&M issue and is there a remedy?
Thanks in advance,

Gianluca (Italy)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Saluti

bienvenuto nel Forum !

Perce no va qui e dire il Problem in itailaino ?

http://www.metanoauto.com//modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=322303#p322303

Io ho ance une ecoup !

distingi saluti del Svizzera

Jarre

Scussi il mio madre linga e Tedesco !

·
Registered
705 Posts
First, make sure that the stalk on the top of the dashboard is fully clicked home as this is where most problems come from.

Nick

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your answer.. I've the problem when I use the M&M unplugged at home also, so it's not a uncorrect plug problem..maybe I should disconnect the battery, but I'm afraid this could be a problem if I will be forced to replace it in warranty.they could say I broke it!!!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Don't fiddle with the M + M, just take it back to the dealer. There are many owners who have had their units replaced. Faults do tend to show up within the first few hours of ownership.

Nick

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hi black71. My advice would be to take the car back to the dealer to show them the issue. If they can't fix it they should give you a replacement free of charge. Can you access anything on the screen at all? Have you checked that the latest software is loaded onto it? Is it a Navigon or Garmin unit?

Matt

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a Navigon unit,last software. I can't access it directly, as the screen were disconnected.I would like to do a hard reset - e.g. pressing a couple of keys for 30 seconds- but it seems not possible..

·
Registered
393 Posts
You could do a hard reset. It shouldn't cause any issues and as long as you do a backup/restore on the Navigon Fresh software, you'll have all your maps etc saved. If that doesn't work then take it straight back to the dealer for them to look at and investigate. As Collas says, there have been issues with some Maps & More units, and VW should get you a replacement as soon as possible, so don't worry about taking it back.

Matt

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll try..probably he won't trust me, because I asked for a Garmin unit instead of a Navigon one, but he said that Navigon = Garmin, and it doesn't exist a new model..Well, we know it exists, I hope that next week, when I'll go to my dealer, he'll find out what I'm looking for...
Last question: I bought new maps 2Q 2013 for my unit..are they associated with my unit or with my registration ID? I obviously don't want to buy them again if my dealer replaces it!!!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Navigon only shows your map information when you log in. It only shows your memory usage when your not logged in. Having said that, the maps are stored on the unit, so you'll either have to get your dealer to sort it out ie give you the latest map or they'll have to ring Navigon up to arrange the update.

Matt

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'd try to backup the device on Navigon Fresh to ensure you don't lose the Q2/2013 map, then if the M+M is broken and replaced you could restore from the Fresh backup and keep the map that you've paid for.

JY1

1 - 11 of 11 Posts